June 2013 190 Lodged Gang

ashleymhale

I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, but I can't believe the popularity of this post. I started it in June 2013 to keep tabs on other visa applicants around that time. I'm realy pleased its been useful to others and helps when trying to work out timeframes of the whole process.

For everyone going through it, keep in there its all worth it in the end. I have just received a job offer and I've accepted it. Its a dream job. I start 2 weeks after we arrive.

we fly at the end of November. we are so excited.

Good luck to everyone. I hope your dreams come true.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ashleymhale. I've had a similar thing with my application form, they have me down under my maiden name rather than the name I applied under. Computers I reckon! I've tried to make contact but to no avail. Have your agents managed to get it changed for you? Also I'm a little confused as to whether we wait for a case officer to be assigned to get medicals etc done or do you go ahead and book them? There are loads of people on the forum who got their medicals done within a month or so of lodging and I'm got sure if we should be waiting for CO or just go get them done. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks muchly x

Hello Mates,

Today I have received the Golden Mail from my CO.

At last the waiting game is over!

I wish speedy Grants for all mates of this forum who are waiting here.

My time line is .........

ANZS Code 133111 VET:Jan22,2013/ May 10 IELTS May16 EOI May29 WA SS : May29/ June12 Visa Lgd: June19PCC:July10 CO: July25 ADL 2 (SO) MED: July28 Meds Rfrd: July 28Meds Clrd: Sep 07 Grant: september 09,2013

Hi ashleymhale. I've had a similar thing with my application form, they have me down under my maiden name rather than the name I applied under. Computers I reckon! I've tried to make contact but to no avail. Have your agents managed to get it changed for you? Also I'm a little confused as to whether we wait for a case officer to be assigned to get medicals etc done or do you go ahead and book them? There are loads of people on the forum who got their medicals done within a month or so of lodging and I'm got sure if we should be waiting for CO or just go get them done. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks muchly x

Hi, When our CO was assigned he changed it straight away. So don't worry too much. As far as the medicals go we went ahead and arranged ours before being allocated a CO. In the time between arranging it and doing the medicals we were allocated a CO and he requested them straight away. Its up to you if you book it before or not. We did it because we were in a hurry to get in done. It only took a month from submitting the application to having our Visas granted. We are flying at the end of November and I start my new job in December. Its all happening! Good luck with your application.:biggrin:

Just back after weeks hols in the sun ;)

Have now to provide an Oz PCC as I lived there for 2yrs 13 yrs ago! Another $42 and a 2 week wait!

I wonder is there another document hurdle to jump after this :)

Where are you currently living ? They should not ask for any police clearance for countries where you lived more than 10 years ago. It is clearly mentioned on their site.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to message this thread for months, but it wouldn't let me!! We lodged in June but are still waiting.....so frustrating! The problem for us, is that we have lived in to many places so between us we had 6 different PCC's to get and not every country is as efficient as the UK when it comes to supplying them! We finally submitted the last one to our agent this week.....PHEW! Total ball of nerves now!! Anyone know roughly how long the CO takes to make a decision from the date on which you provide the last remaining bits of info they have requested?

I've been trying to message this thread for months, but it wouldn't let me!! We lodged in June but are still waiting.....so frustrating! The problem for us, is that we have lived in to many places so between us we had 6 different PCC's to get and not every country is as efficient as the UK when it comes to supplying them! We finally submitted the last one to our agent this week.....PHEW! Total ball of nerves now!! Anyone know roughly how long the CO takes to make a decision from the date on which you provide the last remaining bits of info they have requested?

ours was 1 month

Mine was back over a weekend, I scanned and emailed it on Friday afternoon, had an email waiting for me when I awoke Monday morning! Very efficient and a little scary that it happened so quick. Good luck!