On our way...

alant

....that's us just arrived at the airport hotel for our flight in the morning. We have had an emotional day saying cheerio to our best friends and their kids....I have never cried as much in my life!! I'm an emotional wreck just now but I know we have made the best decision for us!!

We are really excited about the move but today has reminded us who we are leaving behind.

....that's us just arrived at the airport hotel for our flight in the morning. We have had an emotional day saying cheerio to our best friends and their kids....I have never cried as much in my life!! I'm an emotional wreck just now but I know we have made the best decision for us!!

We are really excited about the move but today has reminded us who we are leaving behind.

now you need a beer - for rehydration purposes of course,

;-)

J x

Good luck up you both on your impending moves! We are currently in Singapore fighting off the jet lag! Not sure who you are flying with but we have went with Singapore Airlines and they were amazing - no issues with checking in the extra luggage allowance (even though we were slightly over!!).

Had a bit of drama as we arrived in Singapore, in that when we walked towards the baggage hall in Singapore we walked past a man, who looked unwell sitting down - he proceeded to collapse and (as it turned out) had a heart attack!!! My wife is a nurse and went towards him to see if he needed help and due to his condition (he's now lying collapsed on the bench and looks dead...proper dead) she proceeded to give him CPR, screaming for help and then has to shock his heart with the defibrillator. Luckily, after what seemed an age and 4 bouts of CPR, some mouth to mouth and 2 shots of the defribilator, my wife managed to get his heart started and a pulse going.....what a start to our adventure! It turns out the guy was a pastor off on an internal connecting flight - he's a lucky guy that we walked past him when we did or he might not have survived!

Anyway, we are staying in waikiki with friends when we arrive in Perth on Friday. Where are you both heading to?

Tomorrow we head to universal studios on sentosa island - hopefully that will get our adrenaline going (again) and help keep the jet lag at bay!!!!

Edited by alant

Flight was brilliant Rangerboy - staff were brilliant and food was amazing. The selection you have for the TV etc is quite extensive and will keep you entertained. We we downstairs but in the middle and it was superb. We had a 3 seats between the 2 of us so my wife was able to stretch out without any problems!

We thought about changing our seats to upstairs (which was nearly fully booked) as we heard the service was slightly quicker but we decided not to as we thought it would be better downstairs as the flight wasn't full - we weren't disappointed!

Are you staying in Singapore or travelling right the way through? I must say, its an amazing place from what we have seen so far! We are off to China Town and Clark Quay tonight (going on a river boat cruise) to try and keep the jet lag at bay!!

We've been here 4 days now surprised how me,wife and kids have adjusted to time difference and got over the jet lag, seemed to adapt pretty easy!! Getting things sorted, car, bank,phones, Medicare next, house viewings in next couple if days and between that job hunting! We are lucky to be staying with family but want our own place ASAP, because there is nothing like your own place especially when you have 2 children. Also does anybody know of any decent rental sites apart from the usual reiwa and realestate? Ideally we are looking at tapping, ashby areas? Thanks

We've been here 4 days now surprised how me,wife and kids have adjusted to time difference and got over the jet lag, seemed to adapt pretty easy!! Getting things sorted, car, bank,phones, Medicare next, house viewings in next couple if days and between that job hunting! We are lucky to be staying with family but want our own place ASAP, because there is nothing like your own place especially when you have 2 children. Also does anybody know of any decent rental sites apart from the usual reiwa and realestate? Ideally we are looking at tapping, ashby areas? Thanks

hi rangerboy

we are in tapping its lovely. On facebook this is a carramar tapping rentals page where people put break lease properties on and private rentals worth a look. We got ours through realestate adverts. Its also worth looking directly at the agents website as not all advertise on these sites just their own. Think someone suggested domain.

Good luck

Sarah