So....agent tells me there is not yet an active link for meds??

kbounds

Hi kbounds

We were able to book our meds if we wanted to before being assigned a case officer and I know that quite a few people on here did just that. We applied for a 189 visa which is different to the one you are applying for. Basically I logged into the immi.gov.au website, put in our TRN number etc, completed a quick checklist online and then phoned the nearest hospital authorised to do meds and booked it. All they wanted was our TRN number and that was it.

Maybe it's different for a 190 visa but I know a few people have done it so maybe they can respond?? It might have changed again I'm not sure??

Hope you can sort it out though x

Thank you! It is as though the agent is trying to slow us down on purpose! Hopefully we will get it sorted....x

It's weird if they are trying to slow you down, you'd think that they'd want it all done quickly for you wouldn't you? Phone your agent and tell them you've been on the forums and some crazy welsh bird is adamant that you can book meds before CO and she thinks you're trying to fob me off. Blame it on me and see what they say! haha! :tongue:

possibly then. can you not just use trn number to book them?

Only TRN number is not enough for E-medical. You need referral letter from health link. If you try paper based medicals, then possible. Then your clinic have to courier it. So you have to spend some bucks as well as miss up-to-date e-medicals and may take long period for medicals clearance .

Dear kbounds,

Some times the link does not appear due to system glitch. I heard some people got the link waiting after one week or so but in my case it appeared after I requesting CO allocation. So, don't loose the hope! Keep in touch with your agent. Who knows , it will not appear at monday.:smile:

Hi, I organised ours before we got allocated a CO on a 190 visa, our agent was cautious about us doing it as it can cause problems if there are delays with your visa and your medicals run out, you also need to remember that you only have a year to validate from either your police check or medical, which ever is earlier. My agent gave me all the log in details anyway so that I could access the application and then I just clicked on the medical link, which gave me my referral letter and the number that I needed to contact the clinic and make the booking, clicking the link activated it so that the clinic could find us on the system. I wanted to do mine early as I was convinced that one of us would be referred, as it turns out one of my sons got a B rating, but we seemed to avoid being referred and got our grant without ever being notified of getting a case officer. I hope that helps and you get a speedy response on your visa!

The Agent will be following the recommendations from DIAIC who suggest that medicals aren't submitted until requested by your CO - he/she isn't purposely trying to slow you down - just following the recommendations as there are risks to frontloading in that the visa validation is from the day of your police check or medicals (whichever is the earliest) and not from date of visa grant. When people front load too soon, this can considerably reduce the validation period you have available.

thanks for all the replies. I haven't yet got the details to log in but I am going to ask for these monday. Agent is out of office from 6th sept until 23rd so I want to be able to see things for myself! I have already had the PCC done in june so dates for meds make no difference to us and we are literally ready to go....we just need the visa and can book the flights the same day. We have been preparing for this for months now and as we are here without hubby/hubby there without us, we want to do whatever we can ahead of them so literally all we are waiting for is the golden email :)

Hi, I organised ours before we got allocated a CO on a 190 visa, our agent was cautious about us doing it as it can cause problems if there are delays with your visa and your medicals run out, you also need to remember that you only have a year to validate from either your police check or medical, which ever is earlier. My agent gave me all the log in details anyway so that I could access the application and then I just clicked on the medical link, which gave me my referral letter and the number that I needed to contact the clinic and make the booking, clicking the link activated it so that the clinic could find us on the system. I wanted to do mine early as I was convinced that one of us would be referred, as it turns out one of my sons got a B rating, but we seemed to avoid being referred and got our grant without ever being notified of getting a case officer. I hope that helps and you get a speedy response on your visa!

thank you weston clan. I intend on getting the log in details and booking anyway :)

The Agent will be following the recommendations from DIAIC who suggest that medicals aren't submitted until requested by your CO - he/she isn't purposely trying to slow you down - just following the recommendations as there are risks to frontloading in that the visa validation is from the day of your police check or medicals (whichever is the earliest) and not from date of visa grant. When people front load too soon, this can considerably reduce the validation period you have available.

Dear ali,

You have missed the information that Kbounds medical link is not active. His agent is not suggesting the recommendations of DIAC, rather he is unable to extract referral letter for e-medicals.

Dear ali,

You have missed the information that Kbounds medical link is not active. His agent is not suggesting the recommendations of DIAC, rather he is unable to extract referral letter for e-medicals.

No I didn't ... I was responded to the feeling that the agent was trying to slow them down on purpose.