Washing machine/rugs

libbyw

Hiya

Just a quick question for anyone who can help..... Is there anything we have to do with the washing machine before we ship it, I'm concerned that I cannot clean it thoroughly enough and also has anyone shipped over any shaggy rugs and what they did with them such has cleaning.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid I don't know about rugs but we took our washing machine to Oz with no probs at all. I think I ran it on a 95 degree cycle with some soda crystals in it for the last time a few days before shipping, then left it open to dry out properly before the removal people wrapped it - otherwise it might smell a bit by the time it has been shut for 10 weeks!!

I used my machine on the day before it was moved. Just try and drain as well as you can. Try and secure the concrete block on the top (inside) if possible. I did clean a couple of rugs but my shaggy one is huge and I didn't know where to start with that one, it was wrapped and shipped and got through customs okay. The only thing they unwrapped was the Christmas Decs. I shipped wooden furniture, garden tools, wellies, carpet cleaner and they weren't looked at.

• 1 year later...