best thing you shipped?

beandownunder

Best: 13.5 tog super kingsize goose down duvet. It was the price of a small car (I'm not kidding), and mrs p insisted I buy one and bring it with us. I'm so pleased I listened to her.

Pointless: The awning for our campervan that we were going to ship but decided not to. It's huge and although it's a standalone it doesn't have a SIG so completely useless here. I'm keeping it because I've convinced myself one day I'll find a use for it and I'll kick myself if I dump it. In reality mrs p will have to ask me at least a dozen times over the next few years, "Why the hell did you bring this?"

Do you know if they sell Nespresso pods there? Worth bringing?

Yep, there's a nespresso shop in Perth City centre. All my oz family are nespresso mad and introduced me to it, I was going to suggest that elfie upgrades to a nespresso machine, yum yum yum!

have just remembered that I think they might be a lot cheaper in the uk though, so may be worth taking a supply with you?

Edited by Happy little Vegemite
Remembered something else to add

Yes, it was unused, still in the plastic bag, inside a sealed box with the receipt taped to the top of the box so they could see when it was bought.

I bought it days before the container was packed up so I wasn't too worried.

Can I just ask is there a problem bringing over goose feather products?

Can I just ask is there a problem bringing over goose feather products?

Any natural fibres will prompt closer inspection. If there's a risk that little critters might be hiding in the feathers you may end up having it sprayed or zapped. I've not heard of it happening, I was just inclined to be cautious having spent £1000 on a duvet.

Should have bought a 911 Turbo a year before, and shipped it over. Even if it took a loan to do.

Glad we bought our books, as they are quite personal.

Shouldn't have bothered packing CD/DVDs. 3 years in and we've either given them away or still not opened the boxes. Everything is on computer, putting plastic into machines is so 90s.

Guest guest9824
what's the best thing you took with you from the uk and what was the biggest waste of container space? just wondering......

J x

I am still very glad we shipped all our furniture and belongings, beds etc it allowed the girls to settle much better with familiar things around them, especially when renting, as that wasn't our home, so the personal items made it feel more like our home. :cute: