Pantomime

Bobopaulsy

ok i do realise i am opening myself to abuse here....

Do Aussie's have panto in December time on offer anywhere, even via schools etc !!!!!

i currently work in this industry in the Scotland (oh yes i do)

And no i'm not beast from Beauty & The Beast and no i'm not an ugly sister (i'm also far from being prince charming)...

it's all about a business opportunity i've been asked to consider ...lol

And yeah when i started in my job 10 years ago i never once thought i'd be selling panto's for 10 years !!!!!!! (i do turnover £1m a year personally with my team generating £3m so it's shall we say lucrative)

....incoming now.......................

I used to do scene painting and prop making in theatre and loved it, it was a fantastic environment to work in, I don't think I've ever laughed so much.

I've not seen much panto here so either there's a fantastic opportunity or it's a lead balloon. There's a lot of theatre and Amdram so it's only a small step into panto...

Like Port, I Didnt see anything about pantos last Xmas, but there again I Didnt look for anything.

Its def a British thing I think...isn't that why so many American and Oz stars take part.

what a great idea for a business here though....I'm sure lots of poms who used to have it as part of there Xmas routine would come...I would for sure.

if you do decide to venture down that avenue and are looking for staff.....I'm free xx

Been here almost 7 years and can't say that I've ever seen any advertised, to be honest I've found them very painful to be at in the past so wouldn't attend them.

Ali..I know what you mean...but if you get a good one, local to your area, with jokes about that area, it can be fun.

already in my head I've got a few jokes about certain areas and the people that reside there...and I'm not talking about the typical bad areas, I've seen plenty a funny thing happen in Perths so called upper class areas.

and if nothing else else us poms are good at taking the piss out of our situation xx

We went to a Panto last Christmas in Subiaco. It was a charity show, and had a very small cast, think 5!

It was quite funny, but have seen a lot of Pantos every year in Scotland and would say it was in its infancy. It's one thing I really really miss about Scotland!

Donna x

Ali..I know what you mean...but if you get a good one, local to your area, with jokes about that area, it can be fun.

already in my head I've got a few jokes about certain areas and the people that reside there...and I'm not talking about the typical bad areas, I've seen plenty a funny thing happen in Perths so called upper class areas.

and if nothing else else us poms are good at taking the piss out of our situation xx

No Fifi .. i'm sorry but for me and mine it wouldn't be fun .... it was certainly one thing I was glad to leave behind and thankfully, the kids are too old to want to go.,

Do Aussie's have panto in December time on offer anywhere, even via schools etc !!!!!

I must have been here too long Bobsaypaulo but I know that Mandurah Arts Centre used to hold them, regularly if I recall. Perhaps they have got too busy with other types of production that are more profitable, not sure. Anyway here is a link to the place and sure a few e-mails to them will get many of the answers you are looking for.

http://www.visitmandurah.com/mandurah-performing-arts-centre

We went to a Panto last Christmas in Subiaco. It was a charity show, and had a very small cast, think 5!

It was quite funny, but have seen a lot of Pantos every year in Scotland and would say it was in its infancy. It's one thing I really really miss about Scotland!

Donna x

We went to that one, really wanted to watch a panto with the kids before they are too old to enjoy them. Your right, it was very small but better than I expected.

Considering how popular they are in the UK and the huge number of British expats living in Perth with young children there is no reason why they wouldn't be equally as successful.