Warming up nicely!

Guest guest9824

Guest guest9824

...so we have gone from zero to hero in a matter of days. There is no getting used to the heat, it just arrives, and it has arrived today in style. A warm, 34 degrees in the hills today. The flying ants are making their debut this evening, swarming! There is a waft of burning/smoke in the air (burn offs hopefully) and the freo doctor was very much welcomed this afternoon!

Gin and tonic weather (purely to keep the mozzies at bay)....:wink:

Whats the weather like where you are today?

Beautiful in Freo. I gotta say, it's a great time to be unemployed.

Dropped the kids at school, spent the day building a whale in the garden, picked the kids up, cooked dinner, 2 laundry loads, bit of weeding and I don't mind if I do, pea, now sitting with a GT just the way I like it.

It's been warm enough to shower outside the last couple of days. It seems like it's been a long time since we used the outside bathroom.

Summer here we come!

Dropped the kids at school, spent the day building a whale in the garden, picked the kids up, cooked dinner, 2 laundry loads, bit of weeding and I don't mind if I do, pea, now sitting with a GT just the way I like it.

It's been warm enough to shower outside the last couple of days. It seems like it's been a long time since we used the outside bathroom.

Summer here we come!

Building a whale in the garden? Is this some kind of Aussie code for something?

Guest guest9824

Summer here we come!

Sounds like my kind of day, minus the showering outside, don't want to upset the neighbours.....:shocked:....or the kookies for that matter!

Enjoy the G and T!

Might take a trip to the Freo festival, does the whole coffee strip close? Can you still park where the old Myer building is Porty?

Guest guest9824
haha! Coooool! we need pictures please, once it's all done!

Weather looking out of my lovely office window is actually pretty sunny, here in London town. But the clouds are rolling in and we've had a 'storm', don't you know! I had a power cut allllll day yesterday!

Hey Jojo, I saw the shocking weather, and people have died:sad:. Glad you stayed safe and hope the lekky comes back on soon!

Hey Jojo, I saw the shocking weather, and people have died:sad:. Glad you stayed safe and hope the lekky comes back on soon!

Its been the worst storm in over a decade here in the UK. It's awful, there were four tragedies all due to falling trees. Horrible freak accidents! :(

Lekkie back now and back to work!

Guest guest9824
Beautiful in Yangebup picked the kids up from school and headed to the beach for couple of hours one of our reasons for moving here :biggrin:

Sounds perfect Loulou, wish we were nearer the coast when it's weather like this. Have fun!

pea

Might take a trip to the Freo festival, does the whole coffee strip close? Can you still park where the old Myer building is Porty?

Yes, I think that car park is open and Myer has been converted into small units with arty, creative types selling their wares. I've not been but it's supposed to be quite good. Best place in Freo for parking? South beach. Park for free and take the CAT into town then back out to your car. If you can get a spot opposite Sealanes you're right on top of the bus stop.

Its been the worst storm in over a decade here in the UK. It's awful, there were four tragedies all due to falling trees. Horrible freak accidents! :(

Lekkie back now and back to work!

An early report I saw said a 14 year old had been swept into the sea off the Sussex coast but there's been no mention of it since. Do you know if this is true and was he found okay?

Hi Portlaunay yes it was true that a 14 yr old boy was blown into the sea but not heard updates since.

we live in Northern Ireland it's a nice bright day with highs of 10 degrees woo hoo.

We hope to be moving over March/April 2014 to the south west region probably Bunbury and starting to get v exciting reading all your posts bout the good weather.

Guest guest9824
I don't have to see this 

..hey I'll have you know, .back in the day I had hair all down my back....none on my head, just down me back! :biggrin:

......tumbleweed........

hi, Porty. Yes the 14year old was never found swept out to sea , in the papers this morning it shows him at the spot where his friends took a photo of him trying to defy the weather and sea his arms outstretched waiting for the huge wave. he then put other lives at risk to try and find him unfortunatly the lifeboat had to give up in the awful conditions.

weather here up north, is sunny but cold.

I have to say if we had suffered the main brunt of the bad weather we would have been at the end of the news as an afterthought not the main topic because it was down south. saying that though it has now hit france, amsterdam etc. with 120mph winds uprooting trees and the wind knocking over people, a little different than the Freo doctor Pea x

We seem to have got away with the worst of the storm in our little corner of Essex. There were a few trees down and part of the roof was blown off a local hotel (but I'd say the latter was more down to shoddy workmanship than the actual strength of the wind)

Today was bright and fresh. The air temp was quite cool, around 12 but if you got the sun on your back it was lovely and warm.

Love how you describe 32 as warm - that would be a contender for hottest day of the year over here!!