Protest against the shark cull this Saturday 1st Feb

Chardy

Wish i could attend, difficult with a toddler though! What was parking like at cottesloe last time? Assume its really busy as they said 4000 people turned up at the last one.

It's always a bit of a challenge in Cott, there isn't a great deal of designated parking but the side roads are pretty much all unrestricted. We usually park further down the coast towards Leighton beach and take a walk along the coast.

It's always a bit of a challenge in Cott, there isn't a great deal of designated parking but the side roads are pretty much all unrestricted. We usually park further down the coast towards Leighton beach and take a walk along the coast.

Yep that is what we are going to do. I think a lot of folk will suss that is a sound tactic so we may even use Port Beach car park and walk from there as it could be busy, busy. Our usual walk is Cotty train station, over the hill, along the beach to Port, then to the bridge opposite the old hotel (the Swan) and a bus into Freo, lunch and a train back to Cotty.

For many coming from the north perhaps best bet is train and just a short walk over the hill to the beach at Cotty? It is not going to that hot on Saturday so should be easy enough.

Come on the dolphins.....

Yep that is what we are going to do. I think a lot of folk will suss that is a sound tactic so we may even use Port Beach car park and walk from there as it could be busy, busy. Our usual walk is Cotty train station, over the hill, along the beach to Port, then to the bridge opposite the old hotel (the Swan) and a bus into Freo, lunch and a train back to Cotty.

For many coming from the north perhaps best bet is train and just a short walk over the hill to the beach at Cotty? It is not going to that hot on Saturday so should be easy enough.

Come on the dolphins.....

Nice walk. We sometimes head to Cott for brekkie, cycling from Freo along the coast. The kids always manage the ride there but are grateful of the (mainly), downhill ride home.

Your plan sounds good, a short walk over the hill to reacquaint heart with lungs is a great way to start the day.

Guest jadeyhallam8

hey there! just wondering your specific location for the rally at Warnbro beach.. I live 5 minutes from the beach near fendam street but theres so many beaches im unsure which part you actually mean?

hey there! just wondering your specific location for the rally at Warnbro beach.. I live 5 minutes from the beach near fendam street but theres so many beaches im unsure which part you actually mean?

It's the dog beach at the end of Bayeux ave. if you are on Facebook search for Shark Culling Protest Warnbro and add your attendance ;-)