what are you doing at this moment

odies

Guest Guest6235

So it's you that lowers the tone!

We did get offered another house yesterday in Woodvale but it was too much of a show house and there were 3 pages of rules of this, that and the other that the landlords had drawn up. We turned it down as we felt our daughter couldn't be herself in there and act like a 15 month old does so we declined it as we'd be forever saying 'no don't do that'.

Just got in from another day of spot the random shopping trolleys dotted around housing estates. We've been round the 'good' estates between hillarys to Mindarie and to many other areas including SOR today and they're all over, it's a good game though. On a serious note, we went to Walters point today and that is very nice, shame about the cafe there though.

Actually called "Point Walter".... and although the cafe is and has always been naff.... this is a very historical site as it was where the Migrant Hostels were during the 1950/60's and all the ten pound poms who came out from UK were sent for their first night and more on Australian soil. My parents and I (who were part of that migration journey) actually spent our first day and night on Oz soil at this "camp" as it was called. Lovely place though for a picnic and for the kids to play in the shallow river there..... just be aware that the sandback moves and gets deep sometimes so if you walk out on a low tide, it might be a walk back when the tide turns!!

Guest Guest6235

Yeah i realised my mistake and put it on my next post to Dom & yeah cafe is what you said....we'll be sure to keep an eye out for the deep water with our daughter, thanks for the tip.

About 40,000 ft in the air and Just over an hour away from London after whirlwind week in Perth....

Mission impossible almost complete with job now secured after week of final interviews and assessments. So will now aiming to be back on a one way ticket with family in April...hurrah! Sleepless with excitement, nervous with unknowns, dizzy with the journey..dreams can come true if you persist! Never give up...

1 year ago our dream kicked off with a 3 week holiday in Perth but with an occupation not in demand and 9 months of fruitless search I eventually found 1 golden opportunity and had to make it happen. It's on a 457 and I've a big family to bring over so bit of a risk but nothing ventured nothing gained ... let the adventure continue!

Hope your dream works for you... just be careful of the 457 visa though as it is a temporary visa and is not a pathway to permanent residency....

Yeah i realised my mistake and put it on my next post to Dom & yeah cafe is what you said....we'll be sure to keep an eye out for the deep water with our daughter, thanks for the tip.

Sorry Keefo I saw that after I scrolled through.... been away for a few weeks and was just answering notifications as I came across them on my email.... not on here much at the moment as so much family stuff happening with Grandma duties and me needing a very long night of uninterrupted sleep!! Hope finding a rental goes OK for you..... just hang on in there and the right place will come up.

Hope your dream works for you... just be careful of the 457 visa though as it is a temporary visa and is not a pathway to permanent residency....

Thanks. I'm optimistic that after 2 years I can go for a 186 which is a permanent resident visa that can follow on from a 457 - just need all stars to align in the right direction and try and make it happen. I did discuss the 186 option for kick off and personal / family security etc but timescales to process are just too long at this stage. Nothing's certain I know but sometimes you just have to take a few deep breaths and go give it your best shot....

Guest Guest6235

Sat at the Synergy area of Kings Pk with a picnic and trying to stop my daughter pinching all the tennis balls used for the various cricket matches going on.....love it here. I'd love to bring my bike one day and cycle round the area.

Guest Guest6235

Just driving around a lot of the streets in Perth CBD for the first time, are there no shops here apart from things like Banks, Businesses, Cafe's and Restaurants?

Guest Guest6235

Yeah a bit underwhelming....I'm guessing most people shop at the local centres, we have Lakeside close by so not too bad. I can't really see us venturing into the city much.

Yeah a bit underwhelming....I'm guessing most people shop at the local centres, we have Lakeside close by so not too bad. I can't really see us venturing into the city much.

Most of the shopping in Perth is off pedestrianised streets and in arcades on Murray and Hay Streets. You'll need to park and walk :smile:

The bigger shopping centres (than local suburb ones) are on the outskirts of Perth and are like your Westfield shopping centres in the UK. If you want boutiques then head for Fremantle, Subiaco, Claremont etc

7e147d2098369b05ce10a3a0dfb51120.jpg

Sat at the Synergy area of Kings Pk with a picnic and trying to stop my daughter pinching all the tennis balls used for the various cricket matches going on.....love it here. I'd love to bring my bike one day and cycle round the area.

It's fantastic isn't it? KP is one of my favourite places in Perth. Have you done the Naturescape part?