Visa Process

Mark Beesley

Hi all am farely new to this site I'am 27 yrs old and skilled engineer and scored high in my points I have a fiancé and a 3 yr old girl we are currently going through the skilled migration process my skills past just before xmas we are going through an agency we are awaiting an offer and my agent is in discussion with WA as we speak. What part of the process are we at? I would ask my agent but because I have been mithering her I dare not ask as I feel as tho I am walking on eggshells, lol. Any advice or knowledge wud be appreciated and what is the timeline from here?

Hi Mark, if you have passed the skills assessment then that is one big hurdle. Have you done the IELTS english test yet, or do you not need it? Has your agent put in your expression of interest(EOI) yet? I assume you mean you are waiting for an invitation for state sponsorship when you say you are waiting for an offer or are you waiting for an invite to apply for the visa application having gained the state sponsorship already? Sorry just trying to figure out what stage you are at so I can help, we did it ourselves without using an agent so I would imagine you must be frustrated not knowing what's going on!

Are expression of interest went in end of december I got told we wud be in a list and until we reach the top it wud be a waiting game. I don't need english test. But I might need to re send documrnts as I only get 28 days. I imagine I should hear something this week as my agent has said to start looking for areas to live and jobs. Also does everyone need crb checks and medicals or is it depending on WA? Thanx

I would have your points double checked by someone as that is an exceptionaly large amount of points. In fact i dont think i have ever heard of 80. It is important that you do not over claim as that can often lead to visa refusal.

I am not sure when you will need to put ILETS in as i didnt need it due to being employer sponsored after working in Oz on a temp visa for 2 years.

I would recomend you give a agent a call such as wrussel (search for him on here). He will give you an initial consultation for free.

I dont need a consultation I have already got an agent but thanks anyway. It might not be 75-80 points but I got a high score.By look at some other peoples on here you do ielts at the start I am going for a permanent residence in a form of my skills as a mechanical engineer. Passed the skills assesment then put my eoi in straight after I passed. If you kind of understand, sometimes I confuse myself lol

Yes - it's reading, writing, speaking and listening. But don't fall into the trap of thinking it will be a doddle. Your agent should be able to help you out with a practice pack - make sure you do practice. It's the structure of how the questions are asked that throws a lot of people

• 4 weeks later...