Nice rural areas?

It's a chain of cafes that do average coffee, and generic (not so) fast food. Can be found all over and usually frequented when everywhere else that's nice is full.

Popular, but then so it Chlamydia.

All in my opinion though ;)

I'm not fond of their coffee or their food but they do the best tea :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be aware that if your husband is claiming tax free status in the UK via the 90 day rule he will lose it here as there is no such rule and normal tax applies regardless of if working overseas.

Thanks for the heads up about the tax verystormy, we were not aware of this ..... It won't change our decision but has helped knowing know rather than it biting us on the bum later!

Hi Kermit,

Seems like we followed you across from Pomsinoz, Margaret river is very expensive for real estate, we drive up to Mandurah every now and again for a bit of boating & fishing, a nice drive. If you're a veterinary nurse then Donnybrook & the South West is a great area to settle as there are plenty of farms both large & small & a number of vet practices. You'll find our properties at XXXXX just gone on the market so let us know if you'd like some more information. We are a bit farther south than you said you were looking for but we originally settled in Mandurah & found this area by accident on a visit to Margaret River. The rest is history as they say :) Good luck on the preparations to come over,time will pass really quickly now.

Edited by portlaunay
unsolicited advertising

Hi Portlaunay,

Thanks for your comment, we are not a business & are not intending to rent out our properties for any gain, we were hoping that because we have two properties like ours that are rural and run on solar power & solar hot water, we could pass on some useful information to anyone looking to follow us from the UK into setting up a sustainable property and at the same time say that we have somewhere available for someone looking for the rural ideal. Our two websites which we created ourselves, do hold a wealth of information that we hope would show how it is possible to live in WA away from the current costs of power & water rates. Hope this is ok?

Edited by portlaunay

We came from a village in Dorset, Kalamunda or Mundaring will give you what you are after, We started in Kalamunda then moved to Helena Valley which is lovely

As far as diving goes, hope you like great whites

Used to dive a lot but not quite so keen here, I know people who bought full new kit last year, all the shark attacks started again and they refuse to go now

Hi Portlaunay,

Thanks for your comment, we are not a business & are not intending to rent out our properties for any gain, we were hoping that because we have two properties like ours that are rural and run on solar power & solar hot water, we could pass on some useful information to anyone looking to follow us from the UK into setting up a sustainable property and at the same time say that we have somewhere available for someone looking for the rural ideal. Our two websites which we created ourselves, do hold a wealth of information that we hope would show how it is possible to live in WA away from the current costs of power & water rates. Hope this is ok?

Thanks for the explanation, I understand the gesture but the properties are for sale, are they not? If I am mistaken I am happy to restore the links but I hope you can appreciate that we have business rules that need to be applied fairly and consistently. If you wish to copy and post the information as helpful advice and guidance for our community then I'm sure it would be appreciated but linking to property that is for sale without complying with the business rules will result in your posts being edited or deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by portlaunay

I'll admit, it might not be all Dome's, I can only speak for the ones I've been in.

Which is :-

Maylands, Applecross, Perth (Hay & Westralia), Northbridge, Margaret River, Freo, Rockingham, Mandurah, Vic Park.

You visit 10 Dome Cafés Bibbs and then compare their popularity to a certain STI; probably not a good analogy really...lol

Also, after how many visits was it before you realised Dome's service was apparently slow and their coffee just average? Just asking.

Rob

Edited by ROB T

Hi Portlaunay,

No problem, yes they are for sale but we were hoping the information on the site would also be useful to anyone coming out looking for a rural property, we found it a bit of a challenge & would be keen to help others wanting to go the same route. A google search will help most people but in the mean time we'll put together a precis of the info on our sites that would help. would anyone reading this thread be interested in an expat take on solar/water UV treatment & small scale hobby farming?

Edited by portlaunay

I'll admit, it might not be all Dome's, I can only speak for the ones I've been in.

Which is :-

Maylands, Applecross, Perth (Hay & Westralia), Northbridge, Margaret River, Freo, Rockingham, Mandurah, Vic Park.

Why do you keep going in them if you don't like them :confused:

I love Dome and the one at Halls Head has lovely views of the beach :biggrin:

Hi Portlaunay,

No problem, yes they are for sale but we were hoping the information on the site would also be useful to anyone coming out looking for a rural property, we found it a bit of a challenge & would be keen to help others wanting to go the same route. A google search will help most people but in the mean time we'll put together a precis of the info on our sites that would help. would anyone reading this thread be interested in an expat take on solar/water UV treatment & small scale hobby farming?

If you wish to provide some valuable information for the community then I would suggest opening a new thread.

I would ask that you please refrain from signposting users to your property either by including the names or by adding hyperlinks, I am sure a story of your journey and experience would make for very interesting and informative reading.

If you wish to contact the site admin I am sure they would be happy to discuss details of how you could use the site to advertise your property.

Many thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Portlauney,

Sounds a bit harsh but ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, please feel free to remove my posts if they are a causing a problem for the community, just trying to add something to the conversation.

I reckon if anyone sees your post and are interested they'd probably PM you asking for more details anyway so nothing lost... Good luck selling you're property :biggrin:

You visit 10 Dome Cafés Bibbs and then compare their popularity to a certain STI; probably not a good analogy really...lol

Also, after how many visits was it before you realised Dome's service was apparently slow and their coffee just average? Just asking.

Rob

Unfortunately the ex-wife liked Eggs Benedict (which I think is on the menu) so I'd get dragged to them for breakfast, an waste an hour where I could have been getting on with my day. So like STDs, you just have to take the medicine and get on with life ;)

OMG Nic, that would scare the life out of me. I'm with you, outside is fine, but step over the threshold then its your suicide, I just don't think I could cope with knowing it was there. I don't go out in the garden of a night now, unless we have been sitting there drinking a bottle of wine and the sun goes down. I still check my bed covers every night, I just could not get in them without pulling them back, giving them a shake, and puffing the pillows and I'm very cautious when getting shoes/boots or bed linen out. I have lived here ten months now and not come across anything, but I am still very wary.

Omg that would scare me to death seeing something like that and I'm not normally a flappy person when it comes to spiders here

my youngest was stood on the loo crying because there was a spider in the bath not long ago I needed to put my glasses on to see it lol ugh couldn't cope with that x

Ah you get some monster Roaches here Lou, even in the Burbs!

Fortunately I wasn't there to see this beauty but we are planning in moving 5 mins up the road from them. It's a bush block so I can only imagine what we're going to find, especially when we're clearing! I'm not great with bugs so keep focussing on the fluffy stuff like roos instead!