how long can family visit for ??

I know a 1 year holiday visa is possible because I'v had one myself. I had to prove I had the funds to provide for myself without working. It was possible for me to stay 2 years on that visa if I left the country and then returned before it ran out, I'd then get a further year!

thats great, thankyou.

do you know how long inbetween you can apply for it again ? if you wanted to come back ?

my friend as just looked into this Jo as she's off to Adelaide and her mum will be coming over as much as possible until such time she can sponsor her. her agent told her there is a visa (I will find out the number) which entitles her to stay for up to eighteen months at a time and as long as she is out of aus for six months she can apply for the same visa again and again. that's their plan anyway. apparently it's not a widely known about or advertised visa!

J x

The 1 year visa is probably a WHV. There is a restriction on this as you must be under 30.

For older family / parents there is the 600 visa. This is valid for up to 3 years and can stay for up to 12 months at a time.

I got my 1 year holiday visa in 2008, I was 36! I wasn't allowed to work, I thought I'd made that clear when I wrote that I had to prove I could support myself for 12 months without working.