Which Airline Etihad, Qatar, Emirates

JMG79

Morning,

Just wandering if anyone flew with Etihad or Qatar, I have flown to Oz with Emirates before (starteed collecting the airmiles) and thought they were Ok, but the other two are coming out much cheaper.

Just was wandering what people thought of them and their expeariances??

thanks

We flew Singapore airlines and they were absolutely first class....it was the huge A380 and staff were so friendly & helpful too! They were also the cheapest too so that was a bobby bonus! If you're flying on an unused permanent visa then Singapore Airlines give you 40kgs each which may be if use to you!!

I haven't flew with the others you quoted so can't give you an opinion on them!

My Husband flew with Etihad last month and I go with them in a few weeks, we booked them because they were much cheaper. He said the flight was fine, and connection through Abu Dhabi easy too. (Unless he is just saying all that because he knows I have to do it soon!)

We flew with Emirates last year and were impressed, particularly the Dubai to Perth leg as the plane was so empty we could lay out. Other half says both legs with Etihad were busy. He didn't eat on the flight (he was too emotional after goodbyes!) so can't comment on that part.

I use to work in Doha Qatar, so commuted quite frequently between Manchester & Doha on Qatar Airways, couldn't fault Qatar Airways, after all they are a 5 star airline, the only issue was Doha Airport, but that has now been fixed by building a new airport.

My wife just flew to the UK and back on Emirates via Dubai, loved it, much better than singapore

Guest Guest6235
We flew Singapore airlines and they were absolutely first class....it was the huge A380 and staff were so friendly & helpful too! They were also the cheapest too so that was a bobby bonus! If you're flying on an unused permanent visa then Singapore Airlines give you 40kgs each which may be if use to you!!

I haven't flew with the others you quoted so can't give you an opinion on them!

We've also booked with Singapore for our Christmas flight. We've flown with Singapore and Emirates before and Singapore for us were way ahead and for some reason for our booking were 200 quid cheaper than Emirates. My personal favourite though for friendliness of staff, although nothing to do with the particular group of airlines mentioned are NZ Airlines.

@kibanje that's good to hear, we fly with them on 13/10. odd question but do you get a toothbrush/paste on board or should I take one with me? can't bear yucky teeth! xxx

ps what food did they serve? :cute:

To be honest I can't remember re the toothbrush and paste as we just bought our own along. The food was fairly good for airplane cuisine, I had lamb kofta for the first flight and a vege pasta for the second one. They also did hot wraps which were tasty.

Guest Guest6235
@kibanje that's good to hear, we fly with them on 13/10. odd question but do you get a toothbrush/paste on board or should I take one with me? can't bear yucky teeth! xxx

ps what food did they serve? :cute:

I would have thought you would get a little travel kit in like a little pencil case with those too Bean. In the other long haul flights we've been on we got them every time. I think we got toothpaste/brush, eye mask, sleep socks, ear plugs.