Medicals & GP docs

Matt&beck

Just a quick one, we have just moved house and I need to register myself and kids with a new local GP but we are having our medicals done in the next few weeks. Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer gp notes, or shall I wait till after our visa medicals to do this?? We haven't anything interesting for them to look into but if they request them automatically I don't want it to hold up the process.

Thank you!!

Your GP doesn't get asked for the notes. If you have anything significant - get copies of letters before they get transferred (small charge usually). I got copies of consultants letters for renal investigations I'd had done, which said there wasn't anything to worry about and no treatment necessary, also got a letter from my sons consultant (also renal investigations), and took these along to the medical

Ok brilliant thanks all will get us all registered here (on a non UK island, they make you pay private fees if you aren't registered and need to see a GP!), I had assumed they requested everyone's medical records as how do they know you are disclosing everything! My husband has a funny ectopic heartbeat so I'll make sure he takes the consultant letter which says it's benign and boring so much so we forgot he had it as I'm assuming they will listen to his chest. These medicals are nerve wracking even though we are very medically boring, the whole process of getting a visa is just so up and down!!

Ok brilliant thanks all will get us all registered here (on a non UK island, they make you pay private fees if you aren't registered and need to see a GP!), I had assumed they requested everyone's medical records as how do they know you are disclosing everything! My husband has a funny ectopic heartbeat so I'll make sure he takes the consultant letter which says it's benign and boring so much so we forgot he had it as I'm assuming they will listen to his chest. These medicals are nerve wracking even though we are very medically boring, the whole process of getting a visa is just so up and down!!

When we booked the medicals, the receptionist said that if we had any health conditions they were interested in: what it was, what investigations/treatment and the prognosis. Our letters covered that and we weren't asked to provide any further information or go for any tests.

I've had 3 dvt's,nothing they can do and no "cure" I am on warfarin for life now,no problem,just have to pop to the docs every couple of months to have my INR checked that it's at the correct level. They adjust dosage if necessary. This treatment will have to carry on in OZ (at a cost I presume!). Do I need a letter from my GP when we go for medical,or we tell them when we are there?

Cheers

Guest Guest6235
I've had 3 dvt's,nothing they can do and no "cure" I am on warfarin for life now,no problem,just have to pop to the docs every couple of months to have my INR checked that it's at the correct level. They adjust dosage if necessary. This treatment will have to carry on in OZ (at a cost I presume!). Do I need a letter from my GP when we go for medical,or we tell them when we are there?

Cheers

Hope you're gonna wear your flight socks mate for what they're worth when you go. We've always worn them, whether or not they've helped but ok so far.

I had called my GP to ask about this and they told me that the only thing they would give me was a summary of my medical status to take with me. Given I don't have any particular ailments I suppose mines will be rather dull and/or pointless but if you have something of consequence I guess it can't do any harm.