APHRA / ANMAC - please help

Ashlenelouise

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Ashlene!

I am waiting for one last document to arrive in Australia (initial checks didn't state this document was missing). I posted it on the 12th January so I am hoping it has arrived but Australia Post tracking never seems to update. Registration officer has offered to expedite the process once he gets that document however, what exactly that means I dont know.

I just cant wait to be in the same position as you, able to apply for jobs!

Congratulations Ashlene!

I am waiting for one last document to arrive in Australia (initial checks didn't state this document was missing). I posted it on the 12th January so I am hoping it has arrived but Australia Post tracking never seems to update. Registration officer has offered to expedite the process once he gets that document however, what exactly that means I dont know.

I just cant wait to be in the same position as you, able to apply for jobs!

thank you, I still need to pass my ielts before I can apply for visa and jobs :sad: Fingers crossed I get all 8s this time .. I am sooooo close to getting it hoping to be there by summer this year what about you?.

Xxx

Hey guys I don't know how this has happened but my AHPRA has been granted today? I have received an email with an email copy and I will receive a hard copy in the post, I have a dilemma now though as I have to go within three months from date of issue ... Might have to be a holiday xx

I'm so happy for you but very angry that mine is taking so long! I don't know why it is! Does it definitely say you have a year to show in perth? That's good :)

Hi Ashlene,

I am flying 16th September but initially into Brisbane as we want to spend 4 weeks holidaying in the Sunshine Coast before starting the stressful process of settling down.

We are looking at both QLD and WA and will decide based on jobs and locations.

My document arrived yesterday with AHPRA so I am now holding my fingers crossed tightly.

I may have mentioned before but I found the advice on youtube far better than the books you can buy for IELTS. They do take a bit of testing as some video's are there to teach you how to score above 5 for example but I learnt a lot of tricks I would not have been able to do had I not known. I got above 8s the first time round and I am not academic! I hated english at school! Give me a maths test anyday!

Wow Ashlene that was quick - gives me hope thank you [emoji5]️ good luck - you've recently done ielts again? Or is it due? I'm now going to take it - I'm nervous ha! Do you only need to do it once ie do it for anmac and if get 7's or 8's can use it for points too? Do you need to do it again for points?

Jac - I'll have a look at YouTube - any particular ones to search? I'm more mathematical too hated English and worried about it now xx

You only need to to one IELTS, 7 is for AMNAC at Academic level, you only need 8 an above if you need it for points for visa app. Ie for your age or experience etc etc.

Ashlene, am i right in thinking then, that once they have said YES ( aphra, i mean) you have a year to then lodge your registration?

I don't want to apply to early, as i may not arrive for some time and also as my agent has warned me that unlike the NMC that take payment of us once year at the same time, they take payment off everyone at the same time and if you apply at the wrong time, you will ppossibly end up paying twice, ie you may apply in april and then in may they collect yearly fees and you would have to pay again?? Am sure on this, but wondering if anyone can shed any light???

Loopy Lauren, I believe it is May time. I was more concerned after the changes AHPRA have been making recently and the timescales some people faced that I felt it was worth the cost to ensure I had AHPRA early. It also means I can apply for jobs with a chance of being offered a permanent position. You don't pay the full $500 (approx cost) but only around $220. I think there is an application fee and a registration fee. You only pay the registration fee.

Loopy Lauren, I believe it is May time. I was more concerned after the changes AHPRA have been making recently and the timescales some people faced that I felt it was worth the cost to ensure I had AHPRA early. It also means I can apply for jobs with a chance of being offered a permanent position. You don't pay the full $500 (approx cost) but only around $220. I think there is an application fee and a registration fee. You only pay the registration fee.

Cheers, that's useful info.

Jac2011.

Anyone who has submitted APHRA, are you able to answer a couple of questions for me.( I am tired and full of cold and germs and not thinking straight! I am sure I am missing the obvious here, apologies)

1, Is the statement of work history that you used for AMNAC ok for APHRA? Ie can I send the exact same letter, mine has letter headed to AMNAC on it? Will they be that picky?? or doI need to get my boss to sign another one?

2, The english section of the application form, what are they wanting on the chart? high school certifcates or above that?? just out gcse's or BTEC or a levels etc or am i missing something here?

Any help greatly received.

Lauren

Loopy Lauren for the English Language section IELTS certificate certified will do!

I didn't submit any statement of work history. I did a statement of entry from NMC which I got certified and sent directly myself? But I wasnt claiming for work experience or anything so I didnt focus on that.

Congratualtions Charlene!

Can I ask you a Q? I heard from the initial guy who does a quick check at AHPRA in December and then my application and supporting docs are now with a senior registration processor. Did you go through a similar process and do you know how long you waited after it went to the registration officer?

Loopy Lauren for the English Language section IELTS certificate certified will do!

I didn't submit any statement of work history. I did a statement of entry from NMC which I got certified and sent directly myself? But I wasnt claiming for work experience or anything so I didnt focus on that.

Hi Jac2011 and Dewie,

I am filling uot the AGEN-40 form as I have been registered in Oz on a previous occassion, so not sure whether all the forms are slightly different depending on your personal situation etc etc.

Section G: work history.

They ask for a CV and Statement of service for the last 5 years.

I am wondering just how fussy they are, as I said, I have one, but it is headed to AMNAC, otherwise exactly what they want. Do you think they will be that picky?

Jac2011, re the english question, It is because there are two sections, that I am confused.

question 29, have u completed 5 years full time equilavlent education etc etc??, then expecting you to list the programmes of study.

then quest 30, relates to the IELTS.

So I feel I can't ignore the NO 29 question and go straight to IELTS.

But it seems strange that they would want to know about my Engligh GCSE's that were 25 years plus ago!

any thoughts?? welcome/appreciated.

Cheers