wheres ok in Mandurah to live?

mwjw

so were here at last, now just trying to find a place to live!!!

Got some rentals lined up, anyone have any opinions on the following areas...would help!!

Greenfields, Dudley Park.

We know Meadow Springs, Halls Head, Falcon and Dawesville are ok, but cant find any in our price range at the moment, looks like Greenfields and Dudley park might be the only ones at the moment.

Mike

so were here at last, now just trying to find a place to live!!!

Got some rentals lined up, anyone have any opinions on the following areas...would help!!

Greenfields, Dudley Park.

We know Meadow Springs, Halls Head, Falcon and Dawesville are ok, but cant find any in our price range at the moment, looks like Greenfields and Dudley park might be the only ones at the moment.

Mike

Hi, we live in seascapes/ halls head which is lovely. Out of the two areas dudley park is better, although be careful as some areas are less desirable. dudley park is close enough to walk into the centre/ foreshore. Do you have children? If so, I'd look more at Falcon which is a bit further out but has a really good primary school and rents can be the same as Dudley park. Greenfields has a bit of a reputation so I would avoid it if poss. Pm me if you need any help. We came over 5 months ago.

Pretty much as above. Greenfields can be rough. Dudley Park has good and bad, but my guess is the lower price areas are in the rough side.

My place will be available soon as our build will be finished in a couple of weeks. We currently pay $325 for a 3 bedroom next to Dawesville beach with a pool.

Hey Stormy!!

Wow, let us know...we want somewhere out that way if possible. Heard things about Dudley Park and Greenfields, but desperation is taking over and will have to take anywhere if we aren't careful!!

Hi, we live in seascapes/ halls head which is lovely. Out of the two areas dudley park is better, although be careful as some areas are less desirable. dudley park is close enough to walk into the centre/ foreshore. Do you have children? If so, I'd look more at Falcon which is a bit further out but has a really good primary school and rents can be the same as Dudley park. Greenfields has a bit of a reputation so I would avoid it if poss. Pm me if you need any help. We came over 5 months ago.

Hey, yeah we have a 6 month old, but struggling at the moment, to find anywhere in our price range $300-$360 per week.

Erskine and Falcon are both lovely so is Wannanup. Meadow Springs is good also. Tip we used look at the road if there are rubber marks there we avoided also have a look at the surrounding front gardens if they are nice and neat says a lot. Dont avoid viewing older houses in older areas as some are lovely.

Also dont poo poo Greenfields and Dudley park yes it has bad reputation but not all areas there are some really nice streets and cul de sacs in Greenfields again depending on what part with older people living there. You will know if its not a good area as I said by front gardens and tyre marks old cars and general rubbish. Remember theres good and bad where ever you live.

View the areas at different times of the day, early mornings late evenings not just on Friday Saturday nights barking dogs teenagers lots of cars parked out side houses .............

Edited by elfie

• 1 month later...
My daughter has a rental house in Gingin which is 50 mins drive north of Joondalup / Wanneroo.

Its a quiet country town and the house sits on 1 acre of bush and garden with a pool too.

Chris

Chris, I think it's a little far from Mandurah.

How about looking at Lakelands? New builds and investment properties are going up all the time and a new school has just opened. It's 10 mins to Mandurah foreshore, 2 mins from the beach, buses run regularly past there and you're only 5 mins from the freeway.