Has anyone applied for citizenship lately?

Jack Bauer

6 hours ago, flatpack said:

So we have an update, no matter what anyone says immigration are slower than a slow thing from planet slow that is really tired!

Our citizenships didn't get approved in time to get a passport so Mrs Flatpack could go to Bali. I was a little miffed to have to pay over $400 for a RRV but needs must, guess what came through the post almost immediately afterwards... yup her citizenship approval.

I'm beginning to believe the folk that say it's a cash grab and that I shouldn't have told them about the Bali trip as I did my interview 10 days before the missus and I'm still waiting for my approval 4 weeks after she got hers.
I wonder if I paid for a RRV whether it would come through.

Well whether you think there is a cash grab or not, at least the  Citizenship came through.   Just get that Aussie passport asap!!

18 hours ago, flatpack said:

So we have an update, no matter what anyone says immigration are slower than a slow thing from planet slow that is really tired!

Our citizenships didn't get approved in time to get a passport so Mrs Flatpack could go to Bali. I was a little miffed to have to pay over $400 for a RRV but needs must, guess what came through the post almost immediately afterwards... yup her citizenship approval.

I'm beginning to believe the folk that say it's a cash grab and that I shouldn't have told them about the Bali trip as I did my interview 10 days before the missus and I'm still waiting for my approval 4 weeks after she got hers.
I wonder if I paid for a RRV whether it would come through.

Have you done the ceremony yet?  If not then you're not a citizen yet and unable to apply for a passport.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 10:52, Jack Bauer said:

How long did you wait for your test?

I’m still waiting, had my test at the beginning of April.

OH did her test after me and got hers in July☹️

Ive tried ringing them twice about it and they give you nothing, nothing at all. The first call wouldn’t even take my name, never mind any reference numbers. Just wait is all I have been told😡

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2019 at 20:49, flatpack said:

Finally it’s happened, my status on the immi portal has gone from received to approved. 14 months after application.

Id guess that our ceremony date will be on invasion day!

Don't bet on it, Rockingham is full until March for ceremonies and that was a month ago.

13 hours ago, flatpack said:

Spoke to a lady at the Shire today and we are deffo on Jan 26

Funnily enough I got an email from Rockingham yesterday saying they are putting on an additional fast track ceremony in December due to "experiencing higher than usual numbers for 2019/2020"

I had to be in West Perth today and had to walk past the immigration building. Unbelievably as I walked past I received an email from Immi inviting me to a fast track ceremony on Nov 2nd. Bloody typical, they drag their feet all the way through the process and then when they actually decide to speed things up I'm at work, it lands right in the middle of my swing!

On 14/10/2019 at 13:18, Jack Bauer said:

Just been told we are on Australia day ceremony, that will be 6 months from application to ceremony

Wow that is pretty quick, any special circumstances that helped it along? I have been told that if you mention going to Uni and need citizenship for Hecs(sp) fees then they can expedite it.

On 17/10/2019 at 14:35, flatpack said:

Wow that is pretty quick, any special circumstances that helped it along? I have been told that if you mention going to Uni and need citizenship for Hecs(sp) fees then they can expedite it.

None at all.

Have been in touch to see if we can get a quickie ceremony but not heard yet, how did you get that?

18 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

None at all.

Have been in touch to see if we can get a quickie ceremony but not heard yet, how did you get that?

They emailed me out of the blue, it said something along the lines of; if your application has taken a long time blah blah blah. Which it has so far.

I emailed them back telling them we couldn't make it because of work and asked if there was a different date but they just sent back that they don't know when the next one will be!