Renovating... help!!

Rossmoyne

We bought our house 28 years ago when we moved to Perth from UK.   It was a very basic house but in a good street and suburb.   So we renovated and we have loved living here.  Our kids have grown up here and were schooled here.   But life has majorly changed for us over the last couple of years and we seriously thought about selling up and moving on to Queensland to join family.   However we now realise that Perth is where we want to be.  So we need to renovate.  We have a serious kitchen/family area reno happening in the next few weeks, but we are now looking at bathroom and whole house reno.   Does anyone have any recommendations for bathroom/ laundry renovators/Decorators etc.  

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 19:24, ali said:

Do you get the little aussie directory for your area?  Worth looking in there, local tradesmen and sometimes offer a discount.

Yes I do get this and actually got the cabinet maker for the kitchen units from there.   If the install goes well, I am considering using him for the bathroom cabinetry as well, but I am looking for electrician, plumber, tiler as well.

On 18/06/2019 at 17:16, Rossmoyne said:

Time to broaden your horizons FOL!!!   Come visit down this end of the metro area....

I have heard stories you'll fall of the edge of the world after the tunnel/bridge!

Up to two years ago we explored a bit more and went to the hills ocassionally (including the southern part of it). We now have a little one and are too tired to come out of the house 😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 12:12, Sar2019 said:

3/4 through hopefully you can see a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Certainly can and I am very impressed with the outcome.   It has been a nightmare at times and at one point I seriously questioned why we were replacing all the flooring at the same time when all the furniture apart from beds were outside under tarps!   Worse than moving actually at that point!    Just the bathroom to go but having a few months break to unpack and get settled with everything else before we head in that direction!