Sign in to follow this  
Martin7

Holiday pay for work for agency

Hi all,

I have worked for agency (its full time job and I am still working), for over two months already.

Do I have any holiday pay for that period of time?

I am beginner in Australia, have moved in October.

I used to work for agency in the UK and for every month of work (full time), I was getting extra 2,08 holiday pay for every month of work, is it any similar in Australia?

Thanks

I would not concentrate on plumbing as it will require some college courses (expensive) and about a year to obtain a state license. 

If you are hoping to get a second year visa, then I would get your regional work done first. 

Look at Inge like bar work and restaurants, which can be more lucrative than you might expect as WA has a system of penalty rates which mean work can attract high rates on weekends and things. 

19 hours ago, verystormy said:

I would not concentrate on plumbing as it will require some college courses (expensive) and about a year to obtain a state license. 

If you are hoping to get a second year visa, then I would get your regional work done first. 

Look at Inge like bar work and restaurants, which can be more lucrative than you might expect as WA has a system of penalty rates which mean work can attract high rates on weekends and things. 

Is this reply meant to be to the plumber a few posts down?

On 23/12/2019 at 18:19, Martin7 said:

Hi all,

I have worked for agency (its full time job and I am still working), for over two months already.

Do I have any holiday pay for that period of time?

I am beginner in Australia, have moved in October.

I used to work for agency in the UK and for every month of work (full time), I was getting extra 2,08 holiday pay for every month of work, is it any similar in Australia?

Thanks

Depends what sort of contract your on - if you're a casual employer, the rate is usually a bit higher and includes holiday pay as you don't get holidays per se - you'd just be unavailable for work.