Scared of the Airbus 380???????????????

Jo1977

Hi Jo,

We travelled to Singapore on a Qantas A380 in Feb, I must admit I was a little worried about it too.

Once inside it is like any other plane, the seating is 3-4-3 (just like a 747). The plane is actually divided into sections of about 15 rows - then they have loo's or snackbars so it really doesnt feel as big as it looks from the outside.

Take off feels different - slower, but generally it doesnt feel any different!

Hope that helps - also the inflight entertainment screens were fab!

well im flying with quantas in august from UK all over Oz then back to UK - I hope there isnt any cracks in their wings!!!! Ive paid good money for those seats:biglaugh: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

If you go with Singapore Airlines and are flying economy, their A380's have an economy section at the back of the top deck. The seating there is 2-4-2 meaning that if you're travelling as a couple you may feel less claustrophobic and there's a lot more elbow room (and an extra locker) for the window seat. You can the seating plans at http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Singapore_Air/Singapore_Air_Airbus_A380.php (one of my favourite sites when travelling!).

Check your tickets for how early you can do online check-in (48hours?) and do the online check-in and choose your preferred seats at that exact minute. For such a long stressful important flight we thought it was worth us getting up at silly o'clock to get the seats we wanted. If you've a second connecting flight, you may be able to reserve seats for that one too when you do the initial check-in.

Hey Jo,

The Airbus looks awesome from the outside, but as most replies so far it feels less like a big plane than any other from inside. I was quite dissapointed with how different it was. However, it was the best flight I have been on thanks to the comfort and space etc.

There is plenty of entertainment to keep you busy and sleeping (in economy) was far easier than any other flights I have been on. Just remember where its taking you!

Ads

Not sure why you would be anymore scared than any other plane ??:ssign2:

:biglaugh: But they are all big, yes this one is bigger but it is amazing how they get up in the air and stay there !

Looking on Singapore's website you can always be choosy about your flight choices and stay on a Boeing 777 or A330, personally the bigger the better, I'd go on this Antonov 225 if I could :220px-Antonov_225_%282010%29.jpg300px-Antonov_An-225_with_Buran_at_Le_Bourget_1989_Manteufel.jpg

Hi guys,

I don't like flying and am worried about going to OZ on a double decker plane (A380). Has anyone been on one that could take a minute or two too tell me what they are like please :shocked:..

Thanks, JO

No difference whatsoever unless your on the top deck....... first class....very plush. I found it no different to any other flight i have been on going to oz. I enjoy my flights and just chill and chat, watch telly and sleep with the help of drowsy anti-histamines and glass of wine. You will be grand it's so smooth. :smile:

Thanks Mary, how is your foot? My cast comes off this Friday hopefully..

Hi Jo

Im fine have been lucky no pain I have fracture clinic Friday also but my cast wont be off yet I just want to know if I am able to fly in 3 weeks Saturday. Good luck with the removal of your extra limb :o) no doubt you will not be missing it :o). When do you fly now? Good luck any ways with everything keep safe xx

love n light

Mary

Hi Mary, you might find they stick you in a walking boot, called an aircast, this might allow you to fly as it should be able to compensate for the swelling associated with flying. I haven't booked our flights yet as wanted to wait until I see the consultant tom...I have been under him for 2 years now and really hope he'll be keen to get rid of me!! My oh job starts at the end of august so need to get a wriggle on. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, let us know how you get on. Stay positive!!

Jo

Hi Jo

Im fine have been lucky no pain I have fracture clinic Friday also but my cast wont be off yet I just want to know if I am able to fly in 3 weeks Saturday. Good luck with the removal of your extra limb :o) no doubt you will not be missing it :o). When do you fly now? Good luck any ways with everything keep safe xx

love n light

Mary

ohhh first class would be great!!!!! Reckon I could cope then! I like that you say it's smooth..not too keen on turbulence!!

No difference whatsoever unless your on the top deck....... first class....very plush. I found it no different to any other flight i have been on going to oz. I enjoy my flights and just chill and chat, watch telly and sleep with the help of drowsy anti-histamines and glass of wine. You will be grand it's so smooth. :smile: