We ave arrived !!

Georgiajoemillie

Hi,

just a quick update to say that we arrived in Perth on 26 th Jan.

left Devon in the snow and boy does that heat hit you on leaving the airport terminal.

ill do an in depth update when everything is in place .

loving it at the moment except the bloody mozzies at our holiday let

ian

Edited by Georgiajoemillie

Hi Ian,

Finally left this country behind you, hopefully we aint to far behind you, we applied for state sponsorship last week so now we are playing the waiting game again....

I have heard so many things about being a plumber over there, the courses you have to go on the money it costs to be able to actually do plumbing i hear is a little bit dear, when you find out can you please give me the heads up ???

have you started your job yet if so how is it going?

Keep in touch

Steve

Guest Petejbull
Hi Ian,

Finally left this country behind you, hopefully we aint to far behind you, we applied for state sponsorship last week so now we are playing the waiting game again....

I have heard so many things about being a plumber over there, the courses you have to go on the money it costs to be able to actually do plumbing i hear is a little bit dear, when you find out can you please give me the heads up ???

have you started your job yet if so how is it going?

Keep in touch

Steve

Hi Steve

A friend of mine did his in Perth 2 years ago and it cost in the region of $8000, but got a large chunk back when he did his tax return at the end of the year. Have you had a look at job prospects in plumbing in Perth ?

Wow that is expensive, considering i have gone through vetassess to prove that i can do what i say i can, i think overall the visa application is costing about £5000.00 and thats just the application, Diac can still turn round and say i will not have a visa approved....... and to think that if and when i get this visa when i get to Oz i am a fully qualified labourer only suitable to push a broom.

That $8000 you mentioned i assume that is something like a two week course, and at the end of this can i go off and work for myself or do i have to work under someone?

In answer to your question about researching work prospets in Perth, i have a friend in Baldivis he moved their in August last year and he says work is ok for the minute, i have not really looked into it in great detail as yet as i am still quite a bit away from possibly obtaining a visa and potentially moving to Perth, our intention is to visit perth in October this year and investigate further.

Thanks for your info

Steve

Hi,

just a quick update to say that we arrived in Perth on 26 th Jan.

left Devon in the snow and boy does that heat hit you on leaving the airport terminal.

ill do an in depth update when everything is in place .

loving it at the moment except the bloody mozzies at our holiday let

ian

Welcome to Perth Ian. Hope you guys settle in ok and find plumbing work soon. You really shouldn't have a problem. I'm back in Perth tomorrow from my roster week off so I'm pretty excited. I was hoping to feel the slightly cooler weather in Perth compared to the heat in the Pilbara but I hear that Perth is having another mini heatwave in the coming days. Great!

Good luck with everything

Welcome to Perth Ian. Hope you guys settle in ok and find plumbing work soon. You really shouldn't have a problem. I'm back in Perth tomorrow from my roster week off so I'm pretty excited. I was hoping to feel the slightly cooler weather in Perth compared to the heat in the Pilbara but I hear that Perth is having another mini heatwave in the coming days. Great!

Good luck with everything

Hi mate,

thanks

all good so far, except the dreaded rental hunting

havent had time for the job front yet , going into the plumbing board offices tomorrow

ian