Medical problems

pvhc

We had our medicals and when I rang the hospital they said everything was ok and they had sent them off to the DIAC.

I received this regarding my son

The health result has been referred to a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC) for further assessment. There is currently around a 3 month wait for health results referred to the MOC. As soon as the Case Officer receives the outcome, he will advise you accordingly.

has anyone had this happen to them and should I worried about his health ??? I am slightly concerned :sad:

thank you

There is currently around a 3 month wait for health results referred to the MOC.

Beside the fact that you have to wait that much, nothing is wrong. Maybe they sow a medical condition and wanted to be sure.

For example, all the medicals uploaded from my country must undergo this process, from Medical Health to MOC. Although my medicals were done on Dec 14th, they were referred on Jan 30th, when I received a CO (I preferred to do them without a CO hoping it will go faster-wrong-when she appeared she referred them to MOC).

I have to wait as long as 3 months because there is a big lag at MOC. I think now they are assessing medicals referred in December, but I don't know for sure.

I have to wait at list another 2 months.

All the best

The major health risk they want to check with every individual is Respiratory Illnesses , like TB etc , coz it is a major concern in the UK and elsewhere.

So, If it is Asthma, hope it is not an issue as almost everyone suffers from some form of Allergy or other hayfever .. ( Reaction to Allergens), and not a major concern .

thanks everyone that has put mind at rest. I just was worry something was wrong with my son

I believe the protocol is that if there was something of significance they had identified (aside from his pre-diagnosed asthma) the would alert you directly as a matter of urgency. So as others have said, nothing to worry about. If it were me I'd be contacting the hospital directly to find out what was going on just out of curiosity.

Ross

• 1 month later...

hi Guys

i,m a little concerned at the moment regarding our medicals which where done on the 20th of march. our agent told me that the wife and kids medicals where fine but mine had been referred to the moc as i declared on the application and to the doctors that i had TB back in 2001. My own doctor told me that i'm TB free and that it was clear. However has anyone heard of a case like this or should i start worrying as i am going on a sponsorship from an employer in perth. i didn't hide anything and provided the doctors with x-rays from the last 12 years. Will i be going or not???? so worried i can't even sleep. Helppppp

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry to tag onto your thread but having been through the process can anyone advise if they refer all respiratory issues no matter how simple?

I have REALLY mild asthma and only carry a pump when I am doing strenuous exercise. I would hate for our application to be delayed for such a minor thing.

Thanks

Nikki

Hi,

Sorry to tag onto your thread but having been through the process can anyone advise if they refer all respiratory issues no matter how simple?

I have REALLY mild asthma and only carry a pump when I am doing strenuous exercise. I would hate for our application to be delayed for such a minor thing.

Thanks

Nikki

both my son and I are asthmatic and use inhalers, our medicals were cleared and we now have our visa xxx