Good days out with young kids?

Fairydust

We are moving to Rockingham next month and the week after we get there is my daughter's 3rd birthday. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to take them? I've heard good things about Yanchep but it looks a good couple of hours drive from Rockingham? Maybe too much for the first week there.

Well you could drive to Perth zoo.. kids love the zoo .. pet the kangaroos' at caversham and picnic at whiteman park while your there … or kings park .. lottery park West has a great playground for kids and you can sight see at the same time... go by train into Perth , get the free ferry inclusive of your ticket and go to south Perth.. play on the play ground and have a lunch . Failing that chipmunks in port Kennedy lol !!

Hiya, the best days out for us include the maze, caversham, Kings Park.

I actually stay in Yanchep. It is lovely, but would probably say fin something a little closer. The national park has Koalas and kangaroos but the kids can't touch them. The lagoon is lovely for a swim/ paddle too.

Have a great day,

Donna x

As you are in Rockingham and it will be your first week in Oz, you might want to consider staying more local. Marapana Wildlife Park is between Rockingham and Mandurah - never been but heard good reports of it. Or what about Penguin Island - ferry goes from Safety Bay. A personal family favourite is the foreshore in Rockingham.... barbies, lots of kids playgrounds, beautiful beach with calm water.... Whatever you decide to do, have a wonderful day!

Guest lovinperth

Why dont you go to Penguin Island? The waters beautiful and very shallow so the kids can play happily. You can take a picnic and there are toilets. Not far to travel and its cheap on the ferry across.

we have just been to rockingham, beach looked lovely and calm for the little ones and playgrounds etc right by the beach,nice cafes etc or have a barby or picnic, i would keep it simple as your first week there, you have plenty of birthdays ahead of you to do other things :) hope the sun shines for you and she has a great day x