Places to Eat - Recommendations

ali

Ate recently (for our Anniversary) at Prago in Floreat.  Meal was excellent, it says Italian but is more Mediterranean/European.  Fine dining portions and they offer paired wines.  We had the 3 course set menu (with choices) for $68 each (although I paid $5 for the fish) and $24 (something) for the paired wine - I got a rose, chardonnay and dessert wine with the food i'd ordered.   My daughter had given us a Restaurant choice gift card which was accepted here.  Certainly worth a visit. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My memory is terrible LOL, I can only remember two...

We liked Hunter & Barrels in Whitfords, but it's gone. Never been to the CBD one, but it may still be there.

Matilda Bay for a fancier dinner without kids was nice.

I have been to the Riverton Bar and Grill quite a few times of late, and can thoroughly recommend it.  The family who own it are Thai/Australian, so the menu reflects this.   They have two eating areas, the general Cafe style area and the Sports Bar area, and if you are into Sports, they have big screen tv's that show all the big matches etc.   Prices are pretty much average compared to other places, and the food is good quality and well cooked. 

On 06/07/2021 at 17:51, Rossmoyne said:

I have been to the Riverton Bar and Grill quite a few times of late, and can thoroughly recommend it.  The family who own it are Thai/Australian, so the menu reflects this.   They have two eating areas, the general Cafe style area and the Sports Bar area, and if you are into Sports, they have big screen tv's that show all the big matches etc.   Prices are pretty much average compared to other places, and the food is good quality and well cooked. 

I think they're the same owners who had the Roxby

On 12/07/2021 at 11:28, Rossmoyne said:

Yes they are.   They also own Deebo Burger on South Street.

I'd booked a table at Baltazhar but had to cancel due to the most recent lockdown.  Going to Seven Sins next month in Roleystone (used to be Roleys on the ridge), it's got good reviews.

7 hours ago, ali said:

I'd booked a table at Baltazhar but had to cancel due to the most recent lockdown.  Going to Seven Sins next month in Roleystone (used to be Roleys on the ridge), it's got good reviews.

I loved Roleys on the Ridge, but havent been for a while.... enjoy it's new reincarnation and let us know what you think. 

I am always on the lookout for a good cafe for brekkie, brunch, lunch, and recently I have been taken to 2 establishments in the southern suburbs.  

The Roastery in Canning Vale roasts and sells coffee beans, and their coffee (takeout and dine in) is yum.    The cafe menu is varied, and the daily specials are always a bit different.  It is a warehouse feel with cement floors and no matching furniture, and a great place for a brunch or lunch.

6 Willows Cafe in Willetton.   They are a small local business that cater to the breakfast and lunch crowd, and have amazing cakes for morning tea.  Their menu is small, but there are daily specials that are always a bit different.  

Both of these businesses are family owned and run, and I like to support them because of that.

• 1 month later...
On 16/08/2021 at 18:30, ali said:

Where is 6 willows?

In Willetton just off Rostrata Avenue.  There is a small shopping centre next to a medical centre/pharmacy.   Local family own it and it is good for brekkie, lunch and just coffee and cake.   Small place, but great food and atmosphere.     Have you been to Ruby's Bakehouse on Beasley Ave in Leeming?    That is good too for brekkie, lunch etc.   they also have an outside area under cover and allow dogs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2021 at 16:09, Rossmoyne said:

In Willetton just off Rostrata Avenue.  There is a small shopping centre next to a medical centre/pharmacy.   Local family own it and it is good for brekkie, lunch and just coffee and cake.   Small place, but great food and atmosphere.     Have you been to Ruby's Bakehouse on Beasley Ave in Leeming?    That is good too for brekkie, lunch etc.   they also have an outside area under cover and allow dogs.

Not been to Ruby's - it closes early and working full time I don't get there