2 days in.

Redsquare

We've made it here after 2 years if planning!

So far we've got our bank account and mobiles sorted. Tfn has been applied for and we've taken in some sights.

The only things which haven't gone to plan so far are Medicare and driving licences. Despite being a government department, Medicare require a printout of our Visa! The bank didn't and neither did the mobile company.

I guess government is the same wherever you are.

We've made it here after 2 years if planning!

So far we've got our bank account and mobiles sorted. Tfn has been applied for and we've taken in some sights.

The only things which haven't gone to plan so far are Medicare and driving licences. Despite being a government department, Medicare require a printout of our Visa! The bank didn't and neither did the mobile company.

I guess government is the same wherever you are.

It's because Medicare is an entitlement that is visa dependent whereas a bank account and a phone aren't.

Good luck.

All,

Thanks for the tips regarding documents. We are going through the trials and tribulations at the moment - the driving licence application process seems very exhaustive in terms of ID requirements (utility bills etc). We are staying in a holiday apartment for our first month whilst we find a rental, so the driving licence application can probably wait until next month.

I must find the hard copy of our Visa or get another printed - it certainly seems key along with a passport.

Bank account appointment tomorrow - another thing off the list!

Regards,

S.