Bathurst 1000

Bibbs

So who here is going to watch any of the race?

Holden, Ford, Nissan or Merc?

Think it might be hard to get up for the 7:30am start.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/view/tv-schedule#Perth

FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER

Support Races and Qualifying 1000 - 1300

SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER

V8 Supercars Practice, DVS and Support Races 0900 - 1400

V8 Supercars Top Ten Shootout 1400 - 1500

SUNDAY 13TH OCTOBER

V8 Warm up, Support Races and Pre Race 0400 - 0730

V8 Supercars Race 29 0730 - 1430

V8 Supercars Race 29 Podium 1430 - 1500

Nice one Port.

The race is one of the few highlights of the Aussie sporting year.

AFL Grand Final, Melbourne cup, Bathurst 1000 ..

And most of the ex-pats are not interested. It's all about watching Stoke City on FoxTel.

I'll let you off Ali, as it's not really a girly thing.

Might be the last chance to see a Holden racing before they go broke :biggrin:

And Ford will stop making the Falcon soon.

Volvo start racing next year. Shame that Nissan & Volvo don't sell a big V8 RWD car.

Looks like Merc will be the only ones selling stuff similar to their race car, and they are not even "official" Mercs.

And Ford will stop making the Falcon soon.

Volvo start racing next year. Shame that Nissan & Volvo don't sell a big V8 RWD car.

Looks like Merc will be the only ones selling stuff similar to their race car, and they are not even "official" Mercs.

It's great to see Merc's back at Bathurst, shame they spanked it up yesterday - now looking doubtful it will race :unsure:

The Holden/Ford thing always reminds me of the line in the Blues Brothers "Oh we got both kinds of music here; Country and Western."

Bathurst is an awesome track, I can't wait for Gran Turismo 6 on the new Playstation as it is one of the new circuits. Do you know if it's opened up for track days?

Difficult to see what the future will be with fewer and fewer V8's being produced. Personally I'd like to see a reintroduction of the Group A cars so that Nissan could bring in the GT-R

It's great to see Merc's back at Bathurst, shame they spanked it up yesterday - now looking doubtful it will race :unsure:

The Holden/Ford thing always reminds me of the line in the Blues Brothers "Oh we got both kinds of music here; Country and Western."

Bathurst is an awesome track, I can't wait for Gran Turismo 6 on the new Playstation as it is one of the new circuits. Do you know if it's opened up for track days?

Difficult to see what the future will be with fewer and fewer V8's being produced. Personally I'd like to see a reintroduction of the Group A cars so that Nissan could bring in the GT-R

Its just a normal road from what I gather. 30kph limit and all.

The group A days are long gone. In any country.

Id like to see a class of cars closer to the road cars. Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday.

Allow them to strip the interior, add a cage and that's it. But it wouldn't take off as people will still want a poverty spec diesel BMW instead of a proper performance car. Shame.

I'd love a big V8 but it'll have to remain a dream.

Went looking at cars today and sat the mrs in a Commodore and a Falcon. She's a little bit small (but perfectly formed) and I didn't want to buy one without her trying it out.

She couldn't push the gas pedals all the way down with the seats as far forward as they'd go!

The wife is 5'3" (and a half).

Weve just bought a HSV GTS. +300kw and all v8 burble with pops and bangs.

It was her choice for a 2nd car.

I just recon you are not trying hard enough.

She really wanted a Viper, but the lack of choice in WA scuppered that one.

Have you got an ipad/android device? If so try Real Racing - its a free app and includes Bathurst as one of the tracks - its awesome!