In Perth :) Lovely place

Vijay Kumar P

Hi all,

I am in PERTH, had a nice journey, first time alone travelling to abroad without any confusions. I landed in Perth yesterday evening and place is awesome. So nice, clean and pleasant place. People are friendly (though too early to judge :P) found so many Indians working as Taxi drivers and also in bus/train stations

I am staying in Amherst Road, Canning Vale. After 2 weeks I will be moving to a new place I would be moving to Pitt street, St James, will be staying with friends.

I am finding bit confusing and difficult to use public transport service. Lol. Cos of the timings, routes and availability or trains/buses. Also the currency usage is bit confusing too! Anyway that's the part everyone has to undergo when they relocate.

Yet to visit the tourist places, will take some time to settle in the city and then start. I have already sending emails and will make phone calls to job recruiters and agencies to see if they have anything to offer.

Hopefully I will have something in my hands in few weeks.

Cheers

Vijay

Good luck Vijay.

Have you tried the Perth Transit app for your phone? It allows you to plan a trip on public transport from one location to the other, and gives you routes and times for buses and trains. If your interested google Trans Perth, I think.

Oh yes, that was helpful while I came back from Murdoch Station to Frazer Road before Amherset Road. Should start exploring more!

Guest guest9824
Hi all,

I am in PERTH, had a nice journey, first time alone travelling to abroad without any confusions. I landed in Perth yesterday evening and place is awesome. So nice, clean and pleasant place. People are friendly (though too early to judge :P) found so many Indians working as Taxi drivers and also in bus/train st

I am staying in Amherst Road, Canning Vale. After 2 weeks I will be moving to a new place I would be moving to Pitt street, St James, will be staying with friends.

I am finding bit confusing and difficult to use public transport service. Lol. Cos of the timings, routes and availability or trains/buses. Also the currency usage is bit confusing too! Anyway that's the part everyone has to undergo when they relocate.

Yet to visit the tourist places, will take some time to settle in the city and then start. I have already sending emails and will make phone calls to job recruiters and agencies to see if they have anything to offer.

Hopefully I will have something in my hands in few weeks.

Cheers

Vijay

Welcome to Perth Vijay, good luck with everything!

Pea

Things are looking very dull here. Feeling uncomfortable. No scope for Electronics in Perth. Even after job market increase it will be tough. Looks like I have to go back to my home country soon! :(

Terribly missing my mom and her cooked food :(

Guess I made a wrong choice, had a good paying job in comfortable work environment back home and now I am scared till what time I should wait to have a job in hand if I go back. Have taken lot of money on loan and hope the things don't go much worse

Things are looking very dull here. Feeling uncomfortable. No scope for Electronics in Perth. Even after job market increase it will be tough. Looks like I have to go back to my home country soon! :(

Guess I made a wrong choice, had a good paying job in comfortable work environment back home and now I am scared till what time I should wait to have a job in hand if I go back. Have taken lot of money on loan and hope the things don't go much worse

Wow, that's a real shame but you have only been here 3 days! Some people are lucky and find work pretty quickly but I'd say three days is too quick to even get over the jetlag. Being somewhere new can be very hard, especially if you're not used to travelling but if you have taken loans or invested a significant amount it would seem an extraordinary waste to throw in the towel after such a short period of time.

If it were getting to three months and I'd had no interest I might then consider my options but three days is no time at all.

Guest guest9824

Oh no Vijay. As others have said, its very early days for you, hope that doesnt sound patronising. Try not to do a "knee jerk", it could just be that you have to play the waiting game a little. I would be very surprised if there are many migrants who land on these shores and walk straight into a job, unless it was sorted prior to them leaving their homeland. It must be disheartening, as the process of getting here is a very long one for most people, try to bear that in mind, you may just have to dig deep and keep plodding along until something comes up for you. Good luck.

pea

Hi Vijay

Feeling homesick is perfectly normal. I know more than 1 person who has moved back home to the UK after less than 1 week in Australia. Just think about the reasons why you wanted to move to Perth for now and try and stay positive. Why not for now, just focus on getting any type of employment, even if it's in a supermarket, fuel station etc. at least them you'll have some money coming in and you won't have to stress about finances, so it's one less thing to worry about and it will give you more time to find something in the electronics field.

I doubt there will be a lot of electronics jobs here, most of the industry is resources and raw materials. Perth can be hard to find a job in unless you are the bosses drinking buddy. Your best bet would be to get any job (as you have noticed many others do!) and then look for something better. I am an electrician and went 20 years backwards in my career despite the industry being 30 years behind here!