Flight Prices

stu4668

We are hoping to make the one way journey mid July 2014, I have been looking a flight prices and it was cheaper to book a return flight with Malaysian Airlines compared to one way!!!

Typically what have others paid for flights who have made the move? any recommendations would be appreciated?

Have you tried http://www.skyscanner.net. You can check the whole month for prices and it'll tell you which days are cheaper than others. I looked at mid July Manchester to Perth with singapore airlines with one stop at changi, 2 hour turnaround. Came in at £607 pp.

Don't forget, if you are taking advantage of extra baggage because of an unvalidated visa, this might not be acceptable on a return flight. Would hate to see you stiffed at the airport with excess baggage of 10kg each. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You can book a return flight from Perth to uk on skyscanner too. You can pay in GBP or AUD and can look at the cost of flight for the whole month.

Debs

We're flying one way with Singapore airlines; 2 adults 3 children and a 6 night stopover in Singapore so including departure taxes we paid £3k. It was nearly £5k return but that was returning within 12 months and I decided that if we came back it would be for a visit and we'd need a return flight then so it was pointless booking a return from the UK.

We're flying one way with Singapore airlines; 2 adults 3 children and a 6 night stopover in Singapore so including departure taxes we paid £3k. It was nearly £5k return but that was returning within 12 months and I decided that if we came back it would be for a visit and we'd need a return flight then so it was pointless booking a return from the UK.

did you book that on Singapore's airline website? I am wondering whether to do a 2 or 3 night stop over in Singapore, what are the typical costs for hotels?

July prices are really expensive. We are hoping to go out around that time but would wait until mid August the prices really come down. I have been pricing Emirates from Manchester to Perth but on the Quantas website (its cheaper than the Emirates website for some reason!) and it is about £750 for a single one way.

Good Luck!

Hello,

Wih regard to Sky scanner, its a good app and site but does not always bring up the best deals, we are looking at a recci this year, skyscanner has brought what we thought was good deals, but then when I have found Trailfinders, they have got me either the same price with a better airline or a cheaper deal.

I think STA got me a cheap deal too.

Im just saying phone around too, as we have found out it s worth it!:smile:

thanks, I will look on sky scanner, we have already validated the 190 visa last October so wont be able to get the extra 10Kg free. does anyone know the cost of an extra 30Kg case

it doesn't matter if you have already validated it... just that you are going 'permanently' your visa needs to say something to that effect. Singapore was the best for us and you get the extra 10kg plus you can take a lap top in cabin as well as 7kg cabin. Certainly worth giving their customer service a call.

With regard to returns. You are unable to travel or alter a ticket past 12 months from departure date, plus you will pay charges to alter the return date (most flight returns will not allow a rtn date past 3 months from booking as this is the maximum holiday visa time period I think). Sure someone will correct of my info is out of date. But my advice would be to weigh it all up. see what best suits you. You can get cheaper but for me, Singapore overnight flight and turnaround wins every time. Good Luck :)

We're going back to the UK for a holiday next month. Flying out with Emirates (what was our "Perth is terrible emergency flight home") and coming back with Singapore Airlines.

I'm sure that our 190 visa allows us to come back to Australia but I don't know if we need a visa for Singapore if we're just in transit.

Any confirmation would be appreciated.