Count down to launch date

Akasully2

News update...we have secured our long term rental!

After viewing and falling in love with a perfect house for us in Hillarys, we asked the agent how we went about securing it. She explained we had to fill in a application form and provide evidence that we could afford it and would look after it. She gave us a list of docs she needed, ie employment contract, ID, references. She said the more you could provide the better the owner would be able to get a clear picture of you. She also said someone else wanted it. Spurred on, we went home and dug up everything's we could find, plus we asked current letting agent, old neighbours and work colleagues to give us references. We compiled a spiral bound, acetate covered info pack that had an introduction about who we were, a family photo, info on work, finances, references and pics of our old house. It took ages to do and as we didn't have a printer we had to go to Officeworks who printed and bound it for us. The letting agent said it was a breath of fresh air and it made it easy for the landlord to understand who we were and to choose us! Job done!

We're absolutely over the moon, we can now sort out the primary school which we know will lead into Duncraig SHS, which we really liked. I don't want to sound like a lush, but we are outside celebrating again!!!!! Bottoms up! :laugh:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News update...we have secured our long term rental!

After viewing and falling in love with a perfect house for us in Hillarys, we asked the agent how we went about securing it. She explained we had to fill in a application form and provide evidence that we could afford it and would look after it. She gave us a list of docs she needed, ie employment contract, ID, references. She said the more you could provide the better the owner would be able to get a clear picture of you. She also said someone else wanted it. Spurred on, we went home and dug up everything's we could find, plus we asked current letting agent, old neighbours and work colleagues to give us references. We compiled a spiral bound, acetate covered info pack that had an introduction about who we were, a family photo, info on work, finances, references and pics of our old house. It took ages to do and as we didn't have a printer we had to go to Officeworks who printed and bound it for us. The letting agent said it was a breath of fresh air and it made it easy for the landlord to understand who we were and to choose us! Job done!

We're absolutely over the moon, we can now sort out the primary school which we know will lead into Duncraig SHS, which we really liked. I don't want to sound like a lush, but we are outside celebrating again!!!!! Bottoms up! :laugh:

Wot u like Sully, definitely taking 'lush' to new heights.....lol. Well done for securing your LT rental, don't forget I'm 'training' at Dome Hillarys all next week 'til 2.30pm, pop in for a coffee.....

Rob

Ohhh, may just well do that! Thanks. OH asks is Dome like Costa coffee where you get stamps on a card for each coffee bought and after 5 get one free? If not, he suggests this is your chance to put your USP in place and shine!

We will pop in next week incognito. Here is your clue to spot us...'One's big, one's small and two kids in all, but we are cool'. If you don't spot us we will ask for you. Good luck in scanning all your customers and questioning if it is us. This was set to drive you nuts and give you extra pressure whilst training! Enjoy the 'pleasure doom'. Ohh erh mrs! (Said in a Sid James voice after a few drinks!). :biglaugh:

Ohhh, may just well do that! Thanks. OH asks is Dome like Costa coffee where you get stamps on a card for each coffee bought and after 5 get one free? If not, he suggests this is your chance to put your USP in place and shine!

We will pop in next week incognito. Here is your clue to spot us...'One's big, one's small and two kids in all, but we are cool'. If you don't spot us we will ask for you. Good luck in scanning all your customers and questioning if it is us. This was set to drive you nuts and give you extra pressure whilst training! Enjoy the 'pleasure doom'. Ohh erh mrs! (Said in a Sid James voice after a few drinks!). :biglaugh:

You should know better, this is Perth, a cup of coffee cost twice as much as Costa and you get nothing for free here in Perth :laugh:

Just ask for a 'grinder card' at the till and after 10 stamped, paid for coffees you get the next one 'on the house'; it's a system that appears to be pretty popular at all Domes.

I should be pretty easy to spot in the cafe, probably the only bloke and certainly the only tall middle-aged one wearing a white shirt and looking a little confused lol.

BTW your own description mirrors many of Dome's regular customers, however the clue could be that school aged children (if yours are) would usually be at school around this time.

Look forward to maybe meeting you.

Rob

if Rob is in bed, you can see all franchises on oz website, I looked at Gloria Jeans and the post shop funnily enough.

Gloria Jeans.... well that is a cafe that really knows how to make good coffee...... Mind you Merlo coffee shops are the BEST in Australia, but unfortunately haven't made it across to WA from the East coast yet.

It's a great story Rob, I think you'll command an army of loyal PP followers after all this. ...............Well done to you mate, yours is the only Dome I'll ever visit and I'm looking forward to it.

Agree Porty on both counts. After a few visits to various Dome establishments over the years, I came to the conclusion their coffee blend was just not me... also not ever having a hot cup turned me off too. But for Rob I will travel from the southern suburbs to support a PP member's business in Butler. You will need to wear a badge Rob so we all know it is you and can make ourselves known to you!! Hope it works out well for you mate!

Agree Porty on both counts. After a few visits to various Dome establishments over the years, I came to the conclusion their coffee blend was just not me... also not ever having a hot cup turned me off too. But for Rob I will travel from the southern suburbs to support a PP member's business in Butler. You will need to wear a badge Rob so we all know it is you and can make ourselves known to you!! Hope it works out well for you mate!

Thanks Ross appreciate the sentiment; looking forward to meeting both you and other PP members there in the future.

Cheers,

Rob

Oh, Rob, you have foiled me! Will have to leave the boys outside and just wear a false beard and glasses. Now, no tugging on what appears to be false beards next week, you could get yourself into a lot of trouble!

Rossmoyne, thank you. I never thought about it that way, but maybe, yes! Nice to hear from you again. Did you have a good trip?

Rossmoyne, thank you. I never thought about it that way, but maybe, yes! Nice to hear from you again. Did you have a good trip?

Yes thanks Sully had a wonderful holiday in Queensland. Love that place and could live there..... Might have to consider spending my time split between Perth and there if my son decides to put down permanent roots! Not overly impressed with the brashness and high rises of the Gold Coast particularly, but once you get into the Hinterland or move further up the coast to the Sunshine Coast or in to Brisbane itself, it is very liveable!

I loved it up that way too. I fell in love with the Sunshine Coast and could imagine living on Tamborine Mountain. It all seemed so affordable too.

Oh yes... I too loved Mt Tamborine... very similar to Kalamunda in many ways. Agree about the Sunshine Coast.... some places more than others as I just don't like high rise at all. Prices were so much more affordable to WA.... eating out was cheaper, but I found overall that coffee was more or less the same as WA. However on the whole, coffee was so much nicer... fell in love with the Merlo chain of coffee shops.... without doubt the best coffee I have had from a commercial outlet.

Mission complete, contact made (left the beard at home). I can now say I know what the inside of a Dome Cafe looks like. Met my first PP member in the flesh! Rob and his family were lovely. They also make a mean iced coffee with cream and ice cream on top. Mmmm....!

Heyyyyy, looks like we have a Dome convert!!! Yes it was wonderful to meet the Sullys too. Oh and sorry that I wasn't around to say goodbye but had to pop into the kitchen after I had a little accident with a squirty cream canister....... Whoops...

Oh and can somebody please tell me how to turn attached pics around....

image.jpg