Our time has come!!!

Lou8670

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little Hyundai and have been very impressed with it. Very reliable, great on fuel and a very decent drive.

Was down in Margs last month with both cars as we had visitors. The clutch slave cylinder failed on the Getz so thought it would be stuck there for days.........but went to auto one, got one off the shelf together with a few tools and fitted it in half an hour, all for $100. I reckon a Holden part would have been double and a PITA to fit !

• 1 month later...

Well I've not done an update for a while, mainly because there's not much to say that's new. We've been here 7 weeks now. We're still staying with my SIL and her hubby, OH is still searching for work and the kids are settled in school. Hopefully hubby should get an offer of employment in the next month or two. He's had interviews and is first choice some some of the roles but things do move slowly here and naturally the more senior the position the slower the recruitment process! It hasn't helped being end of financial year as recruitment seems to slow down whilst they're all awaiting their new budgets in July.

So what else is there to say? I'm not feeling as homesick as I was. I'm not sure why; perhaps because we're starting to make friends and places are becoming more familiar. Also, our life back home is becoming more of a distant memory and the sun has been out most of the time despite it being middle of winter. The kids are becoming more involved in their respective clubs and having been to a few club meets/competitions we have found everyone to be really friendly and all the parents enjoy being involved. I've also been to a couple of meet ups with the Mums from school although I don't really see them when I drop off and pick up due to many of them using kiss and drop or the school bus.

Most of the people I've met are from this forum. I've found them to be like me and hubby and we've got on well with all of them (at least I think we have :wubclub: ). I hope we will be able to meet more of you when you arrive :cute:

We went shopping in the sales earlier this week and managed to buy some great stuff. Sounds sad but I really enjoyed shopping for a fridge and washing machine which we will need when we move into our own home. The sales staff made it a very pleasant experience and we didn't feel we were getting ripped off as they knocked so much money off for us. Something I've learnt here is that most shops expect you to barter! Never pay full price or the ticket price and get them to sell it to you cheaper than their cheapest competitor or less if they're willing to do it for you at staff price :smile:

So when we have some exciting news, like moving into our own home, taking delivery of our container, buying a house or plot of land, or hubby being offered employment, I'll be sure to post it on here :biggrin:

Lou x

Lovely post Lou and good to hear ŷour progress. So pleased you re feeling more settled and great news about the children. Hope hubby finds work soon, been good for you to find your feet before throwing yourselves into work. I've set myself a bit of a challenge and start work 10 days after we arrive, think I should maybe have given myself a bit more time but nevermind. How's your child's experience at Frederick Irwin going? I've got a interview and tour booked shortly after we arrive. Need to try and book the same at a few other schools for comparisons.

Well I've not done an update for a while, mainly because there's not much to say that's new. We've been here 7 weeks now. We're still staying with my SIL and her hubby, OH is still searching for work and the kids are settled in school. Hopefully hubby should get an offer of employment in the next month or two. He's had interviews and is first choice some some of the roles but things do move slowly here and naturally the more senior the position the slower the recruitment process! It hasn't helped being end of financial year as recruitment seems to slow down whilst they're all awaiting their new budgets in July.

So what else is there to say? I'm not feeling as homesick as I was. I'm not sure why; perhaps because we're starting to make friends and places are becoming more familiar. Also, our life back home is becoming more of a distant memory and the sun has been out most of the time despite it being middle of winter. The kids are becoming more involved in their respective clubs and having been to a few club meets/competitions we have found everyone to be really friendly and all the parents enjoy being involved. I've also been to a couple of meet ups with the Mums from school although I don't really see them when I drop off and pick up due to many of them using kiss and drop or the school bus.

Most of the people I've met are from this forum. I've found them to be like me and hubby and we've got on well with all of them (at least I think we have :wubclub: ). I hope we will be able to meet more of you when you arrive :cute:

We went shopping in the sales earlier this week and managed to buy some great stuff. Sounds sad but I really enjoyed shopping for a fridge and washing machine which we will need when we move into our own home. The sales staff made it a very pleasant experience and we didn't feel we were getting ripped off as they knocked so much money off for us. Something I've learnt here is that most shops expect you to barter! Never pay full price or the ticket price and get them to sell it to you cheaper than their cheapest competitor or less if they're willing to do it for you at staff price :smile:

So when we have some exciting news, like moving into our own home, taking delivery of our container, buying a house or plot of land, or hubby being offered employment, I'll be sure to post it on here :biggrin:

Lou x

That post was lovely, and you sound really content. Can't wait to hear more about your new house... BTW fridges are pretty exciting... Went looking with my Mum recently and they're so cool now, pardon the pun :P

Enjoy having your hubby around while it lasts. You have such a level headed view on the job hunting. I can see it's not just about having enough savings that stop you worrying, but doing your research and knowing your field.

XX

• 1 month later...
What fantastic news. Gosh it's been so lovely to follow your journey. The very best of luck to you and your family. Xxx

Thank you! I really want to do a full update if it would interest to any fellow PP members but it may have to be once we're moved in with a glass of bubbly in hand :cute:

Edited by Lou8670