Advise Please

JasonM

A whole load of you have probably had to do this yourselves so any help would be great, we land on a Monday morning at 01:00 i am guessing it takes 1 hr to get out of the air port ?

The next thing is bayswater doesnt open until 8am and they dont leave out keys, we have a house in Kallaroo couldnt get what we wanted in Mandurah :(.

We have 2 daughters 7 & 3 and after the long flight and us being on 16:00 UK time was wondering whether to hang around the airport.

Obviously you will be tired from the flight and was wondering if it is worth getting a hotel / apartment until bayswater open, if so anyone recommend any ?

Others must have been in our situation ? we could get a car at that time from Hertz but their excess is extreme.

Depends on the number of flights arriving at the time, but my dad has been out of the airport in 25 mins. Airport arrivals is very sparse and not very comfortable to be honest. I'd probably book somewhere, don't know any places round the airport though - you're just going to want to go to bed. Also gets you refreshed for driving - if you're hanging around the airport for another 7 hours, you'll be shattered.

I agree with Ali. There are some hotels/motels near to the airport and friends have used Comfort Inn Bel Eyre and said it was OK. Nothing flash but OK. Ascot Quays Apartments are a short distance from the airport too and are very comfy. I stayed there earlier this year with friends for a wedding and was impressed with the apartments and facilities. It would also be a good run into the city from there after the morning rush to pick up your hire car. Bayswater Hire is near to the Causeway and about 15 - 20 taxi ride from Ascot Quays. Have a look at Booking.com and search for hotels near Perth airport.... lots there. You will find too that some provide a courtesy bus to collect you at the airport if you ask.

I would catch a cab to your rental and arrange to collect the car the next day (or even the day after) from the city location. You will be far too tired to be driving in a strange area and hanging around the airport is not an option - you will all be far too tired and there is nowhere much to hang around anyway. The cost of getting to an hotel and the cost of the hotel would far outweigh taxi cost.