Only a month left till we leave UK!!

emmie2010

Wow what a flight to experience your first time! It's quite a lot better than your average Easy Jet journey ;)

We are flying out 4 weeks today. Most of the big stuff is dealt with and we're now at a stage where we're sorting all the detail. This alone is enough to make me feel quite nervous but I've also starting experiencing some of my 'lasts' which is weird to say the least. It was our last big family get together last weekend with my husbands family and is my last day at work on Tuesday. My car is being collected next Friday and then that weekend will be my last proper girls night out for a long time. They're coming thick and fast now! Eeek!

It'll be here before we know it. Good luck :)

Good luck Emmie. Just to say my wife's first ever flight back in January was to Perth too and she was very nervous especially given she hates heights and can't go up elevators or glass lifts. We also have 5 children who were also taking their first flights....everyone thought we were just mental!

The flight was superb, kids no bother and well fed, watered and entertained + my wife spent the second part of journey Singapore to Perth just glued looking out of the window and loving it. So in summary try to relax and enjoy every moment of flight as it is a great experience!

ps wild rose is spot on, I've flown with easy jet and many other cheaper and smaller airlines where experience is nothing like long haul experience - We went with Singapore Airlines who we found really good.

Thats great to hear Drhebden! We to flying with singapore airlines, from what ive read they are one of the better companies. So fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

One of my (many) other worries is ive read aboout the airlines changing seats..Is this likely to happen on long haul? sorry if silly question! Im so worried incase they move the seats s we not near eachother :/

Guest Guest6235
I think i like to find the worst possible situation get myself totally wound up about it all. Im sure it'll all go fine.

Will be staying with In-laws in Rockingham/saftey bay. Most of my evenings are spent on google earth or rightmove looking at houses we cant afford over there ;D

We all think of that worst possible situation Emmie....or at least some of us do

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry. It is very rare that airlines over book on long haul flights. I have flown a lot - last year I did the equivalent of Australia to the UK 10 times. In all my flights I have only had it happen once and then we were offered the option of volunteering for it which we did as we were traveling through the USA and they wanted to bump us off the flight and were offered a free holiday to Disney in compensation. So took it.

Tips for flying.

Dress in your most comfortable clothing - something you can sleep in. I usually take pygarmars! Or at least very casual clothes.

Drink plenty of water before the flight as you can get dehydrated

dont be frightened to ask for things such as another drink or something to eat, though Singapore they come round so often it will probably not be necessary.

Depending how long you have in Singapore it can be worth buying a lounge pass. This gets you access to something like a business class lounge. There about $25.

Consider a stop over in Singapore to break up the flights. Singapore air do a special deal for this that gives very cheap hotels for a night or two. It is a great city.

Darn! Just wrote a reply pressed send (i think) and it all deleted arghhhhh

Thank you has been alot useful advice. our stop over is only 55 minutes in Singapore which im told will be spent walking from one side of airport to the next.

Our shippers came out friday and took everything away so we are sitting on beanbags and sleeping on matteresses at moment...kids love this..me not so much:p

Just under 2 weeks till we fly out i have to say i am a lot calmer than i have been in last few weeks..i doubt that will be the case next week...:/

Once your on that plane there will be nothing you can do apart from sit and relax xx

good luck xx

Our ur little 'un has done over 40,000 air miles so far,and he's not 2 yet. He's been as good as gold so far. Sits there while daddy has a little drinky and mummy watches movies and relaxes. We are off again at the end of November. I think this time it's going to hard work as he has just joined ISIS :frown: He's either flat out or asleep!