Moving to Perth from London

Jimbob

Hi,

My wife, our toddler and I are moving to Perth in April and the plan is to ship our possessions over. We currently rent in London so don't have a ridiculous amount of belongings, i.e. no white goods, but we have sofa, king bed, crib, few cabinets and the usual box loads of 'stuff'. What is the usual process for sourcing a removal company and the actual shipping operation. My wife suggested there are certain shipping dates so we might not be able to pick and choose our removal dates and she thins we may be able to share a container? Also, what is the average cost?

We would appreciate any words of wisdom on this subject.

Many thanks.

You get a number of companies to give you a quote ... we used 3 and then chose one. You can't choose your shipping date as such as that is dependent on the ships. We were told it would take 10 - 12 weeks, it arrived at our door 12 weeks exactly. They can get stuck in port waiting to be unloaded and clearing customs.

Thank you all very much for your responses. Movecube seems ideal for us, although we may need 2 as we have endless amount of 'stuff'. One last question, is it realistic to take all our electrical items and either use a ridiculous amount of UK to AUS plug adaptors or change the plugs over?

Thank you all very much for your responses. Movecube seems ideal for us, although we may need 2 as we have endless amount of 'stuff'. One last question, is it realistic to take all our electrical items and either use a ridiculous amount of UK to AUS plug adaptors or change the plugs over?

Yes - you can just replace plugs.