Anyone else waiting for visa grant?

Jen78

Hi peeps, Happy Friday!

I was wondering if there's anyone else on here waiting for visa grant?

We applied approx 2 weeks ago and it would be nice to share our experience with someone at the same stage, or a bit further on. We are in the middle of getting the house ready to put up for sale by early sept, and hoping to have medicals by mid aug. We are planning on telling close family about our plans when the house goes up for sale and teling everyone else when we get the grant hopefully mid oct.

If all goes well and house gets sold and we get the grant ok, we are hoping to make the move early to mid Jan 17.

Would be great to share experiences and time frames etc with others in the same boat.

Jen x

Hi. We have just recieved our 189 grant. We put the EOI in on the 26th June. PCC and Medicals all uploaded,Recieved a same day invite and received our grant yesterday. 28 days from lodging EOI to grant, we are currently in Christchurch on a working holiday and officially moving over to Perth in September.. Hope all goes well. Liam

Hi Liam, thanks for your reply, wow that was quick, did you have medicals and police check before you applied? We were told it would be 4 -6 weeks until we would get a case officer and then we would go for medicals. If we could have medicals before we get a case officer that could speed things up a bit. Can you think of a reason why it would have only taken 28 days to get the visa? we are looking at 3 months.

Hope you're enjoying your holiday, where abouts in Perth are you looking at moving to?

Hey. As we were heading to New Zealand we done our Medicals and police checks in the uk in February. Well we kept a close look at immitracker and a lot of people were getting visa grants within a month, we were told we should expect to wait 4-6 weeks also before any contact. We didn't have any CO contact so that helped the turnaround. We are hoping to find somewhere around Scarborough or abit further up. Where are you planning on settling? Thanks. Liam

Hi, feeling hopeful that we'll hear something soon within the next few weeks. We're thinking of having about 4 weeks in fremantle when we land, and then setting in Safety Bay or Waikiki SOR. Thanks for your replies, feeling that the hoped for time scale for getting the grant is realistic :rolleyes:

That wait from lodging application to grant is awful isn't it? We emigrated in the old days before the internet, and everything was done on paper. I used to lay in wait for the postman everyday and I am sure he thought I was stalking him!

There doesn't seem to be any "normal" when it comes to visa application processing, as I expect each application is different and has different needs. A friend used to work in the DIAC offices in Perth a few years ago and she always said that apart from each application being different, it also depended on how many staff were actually working on cases at a particular time.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. Good luck with the house sale too!

That wait from lodging application to grant is awful isn't it? We emigrated in the old days before the internet, and everything was done on paper. I used to lay in wait for the postman everyday and I am sure he thought I was stalking him!

There doesn't seem to be any "normal" when it comes to visa application processing, as I expect each application is different and has different needs. A friend used to work in the DIAC offices in Perth a few years ago and she always said that apart from each application being different, it also depended on how many staff were actually working on cases at a particular time.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. Good luck with the house sale too![/quote

i couldn't imagine having to do a paper based application. Did you have to have an interview back in the day ? I feel very lucky and privelidged at the age of 25 to be able to say I'm now an Australian resident. Can't wait to settle in Perth

Hi, feeling hopeful that we'll hear something soon within the next few weeks. We're thinking of having about 4 weeks in fremantle when we land, and then setting in Safety Bay or Waikiki SOR. Thanks for your replies, feeling that the hoped for time scale for getting the grant is realistic :rolleyes:

That sounds cool. Are you taking a family over with you ?. I think your timescales are pretty good

Hi, yes, it will be me, hubby and 2 daughters, 14 by the time we go and 10. They have both been so good about moving and keeping the secret. As the time gets closer though, they are dying to tell their friends. Trying to live a normal life with all this going on in the background feels really weird!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jen78 How hard is it keeping the secret! Exciting!! We've told a few very close friends and a few family members (the ones that can handle it!)

Were just collecting work and education documents at the moment ready for VETASSESS. I cant believe how much information is needed, bank statements, payslips, P60's ect all from 7-10 years ago, who keeps all that!? And references from previous employers, most have moved on to other jobs or the company has ceased trading! My husbands had quiet a few jobs in the last 10 years :)

Not long now for you until January! Scary isn't it! and very exciting. We're taking our dog too, shes a bishon fries. The only thing Im worried about is her in the crate in the aeroplane for all those hours, makes me sad. They don't let them out until they get to the final destination :( Im afraid that shes going to absolutely freak out and bark herself into some kind of frenzy. Then you think should she stay here? I cant imagine that either :( :(

Its very promising to hear that that waiting for the visas is the least amount of time to wait, considering that VETASSESS can take up to 7 months to check everything out and say yes or no!

Hi all,

Keeping the secret is getting to be impossible. We have now told hubby's parents as we were starting to get phone messages left on our answer machine from removal companies, banks and flight brokers referencing the move and hubby's mum looks after our girls at our house in the holidays. We had to tell them in case someone phoned while she was here. They are ok, upset understandably but realise why we're moving.

The info hubby had to get wasn't too bad as he has 5 yrs post qualification experience so only had to reference that, and his old boss had followed him to where he works now so could provide his reference easily. Other than that he needed 5 yrs p60s so rang the tax office and they were here in 5 days, it was quite straightforward. The skills assessment was the longest and hardest wait, after the application went in things have gone crazy. Our case officer was assigned after 3 weeks, we had our police checks back last week and we have our medicals tomorrow!! House is up for sale and we have had 2 viewings already! We have also had 2 shipping companies round to quote this week.

Hope to have visas by beginning of Sept eek! Everyone will know then, will feel so good to have it out in the open!

Jen :rolleyes:

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. Good luck with the house sale too![/quote

i couldn't imagine having to do a paper based application. Did you have to have an interview back in the day ? I feel very lucky and privelidged at the age of 25 to be able to say I'm now an Australian resident. Can't wait to settle in Perth

No thankfully we didn't have to do an interview.... it just took so long to do everything by mail.... the application form was 48 pages long in itself!

Hi all,

Keeping the secret is getting to be impossible. We have now told hubby's parents as we were starting to get phone messages left on our answer machine from removal companies, banks and flight brokers referencing the move and hubby's mum looks after our girls at our house in the holidays. We had to tell them in case someone phoned while she was here. They are ok, upset understandably but realise why we're moving.

The info hubby had to get wasn't too bad as he has 5 yrs post qualification experience so only had to reference that, and his old boss had followed him to where he works now so could provide his reference easily. Other than that he needed 5 yrs p60s so rang the tax office and they were here in 5 days, it was quite straightforward. The skills assessment was the longest and hardest wait, after the application went in things have gone crazy. Our case officer was assigned after 3 weeks, we had our police checks back last week and we have our medicals tomorrow!! House is up for sale and we have had 2 viewings already! We have also had 2 shipping companies round to quote this week.

Hope to have visas by beginning of Sept eek! Everyone will know then, will feel so good to have it out in the open!

Jen :rolleyes:

wow that feeling ……….. and you are getting closer and closer , take one step at a time and enjoy every minute . life is what you make it guys X