Any update on the new state sponsorship for WA?

Lauren4512

Yes, I keep checking the relevant website but no update! I was just curious. Very much doubt it will have the occupation required anyway so likely we will need to apply for Adelaide/Victoria nomination....provided the required occupation doesn't get removed in the July updates.

You could look at the Northern Territories if you just want to get here and then move on at a later date, I dont know what your job is but they have been advertising on Perth radio for all kinds of trades and I believe there is some kind of NT Expo going on in Perth to entice people up there, I'm not sure if they are offering anything by way of SS but might be worth a look? 

Jase 

Hi Jase, 

thanks for the info. As it stands my husbands occupation is on the SS list for a few states...just not Perth. He will be applying under statistician occupation (he's a data scientist/data analyst). We were just hoping for Perth but I very much doubt an occupation similar enough to his will appear on the SS for Perth anyway....still curious to see the updated list though :) 

Not sure of what is on what lists but Analytics is really starting to become a big thing in larger companies.  There seems to be a shortage of good data analytics people with Qlikview, tableau etc.  It will more a Sydney/Melbourne thing though