Nudge in the right direction..

StormyM

Hello All

I am interested in migrating to the Perth area and have both family (Aunt/Cousins) and friends firmly established in the area. However my occupation isn't listed on the skills lists and to be honest is not something that I have a desire to carry on with in Australia. I am therefore after details if at all possible of agencies / companies I could contact in order to match my educational / employments skills / experience to see what roles I might be suitable for in Australia. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

In short I am 40. Divorced but now single. No kids. Solvent with funds to move / set up in Australia. I have both Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Law. I have worked in the Police for 20 years and have performed various Management / Intelligence roles on the Counter Terrorism Command and Special Branch at Scotland Yard for the past 12 years. I have Top Secret Security Clearance in the UK. I have had to assess, manage and mitigate risk to people and property for most of my service and have managed teams of Intelligence Officers / Detectives in fast paced enquiries, operations and in the response to critical incidents. It's obviously a given that I am fully conversant in law, people management, HR and Health and Safety.

This is obviously not a CV but I don't really know where to start and would appreciate a pointer or two.

Many thanks in anticipation.

In order to gain a visa you have to be able to match a job on the skills list and then pass a skills assessment which takes into consideration your experience in that role.  You wouldn't have to carry on with it once in Aus (you could do anything you wanted), but it would be necessary to have an occupation on the list in order to get the visa.

Have a chat to a registered migration agent - they may  be able to have some strategies to find a pathway for you, but companies can't match your skills to jobs without you having a visa.

I am afraid that degrees and lots of technical experience doesn't matter if the occupation isn't on the list. 

You could though speak to a good agent to see if there is an occupation might fit. Once good agent who helps on the forum regularly is Camilla whose contact details can be found here. https://www.perthpoms.com/profile/193-new-life-down-under/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjE4NjU5LCJpZF8yIjoxNDI2NjJ9