Jump to content

Child wanting to go to University in England


Recommended Posts

Hi,  I am struggling to find information in relation to whether my son can study in the UK as a domestic paying student (9500 pounds per year) as opposed to an international student (19500 pounds per year - very expensive!).

. His father and I are English

. He has a British passport

. His father will have lived in the UK for 3 years by the time he starts university (end of 2019/20)

. I am happy to return to the UK with him

I am getting conflicting information from websites.

Appreciate any advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Normally he needs himself to have resided in the UK for three years, however I have seen a number of universities wave the international fees in such circumstances. But it will be trial and error and contacting individual university.  I would say though that if he normally lives with you in Australia then no chance unless you are both back in the UK prior to applicationn 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the above comments.   Perhaps consider the universities you are considering and ask about their enrolment requirements.   I understood their was a residential requirement in the years immediately prior to enrolment.   However things change all the time, and it would be interesting to know the outcome of your research.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...