Finally its time... We are moving back to Perth

Slawka

After few years we finally heading to Perth 🙂

House is sold, fly tickets booked, temporary accommodation booked, shipping company booked.

Crazy time 🙃 our last few weeks in the UK are very intense, very emotional, however we look ahead and can't wait to settle.

I've tried to organise school but unfortunately I need proof of address in catchment area. Renting house remotely is not easy as well so it looks like we will be very busy after arrival.

🤗😎

To register for schools you will need proof that you are in their catchment area.  That proof needs to be a tenancy contract if you are renting, or a copy of the settlement contract if you are buying.   But it all depends on the areas you are moving to... some are easier than others.

• Like 1

Thank you 🙂

I was in touch with school in Carine and they enrol kids only from catchment so it will takes a little bit for us to organise things.

I have to write that Girls will be happy as for them it will be like holiday lol.

Do you know if I need "permanent" address to buy a car?

We probably will buy car first as it may be easier then finding new home.

Also can I apply for Australian driving license later?

Gosh lots of things are in my mind, so sorry if I sound chaotic 🤪

• Like 1

You will have to give an address to register the vehicle, so if you are in a holiday rental or hotel, you can use that address. I am not sure if you can use a post office box number, so you might want to look into that as well as it could be handy for all your mail to go to a P O Box until you are settled.  

You can drive on your overseas licence for 3 months from the date of your arrival, so you can leave this until you are more settled.   Heaps of info about how to do this on the Department of Transport webpage www.transport.gov.wa.au

Good idea to buy a car first as it will save on hire car fees.   Plenty of car yards in Osborne Park in the northern suburbs, or look at Gumtree if you know what you are doing car wise.

Scary isn't it when you think of all the things that you have to do when you first get here.  Just ask away if you need help!

You can buy a car without a permanent address and just change the address when you have moved into a rental or purchased a home.   You will have to give an address to register the vehicle, so if you are in a holiday rental or hotel, you can use that address. I am not sure if you can use a post office box number, so might want to look into that as well as it could be handy for all your mail to go to a P O Box until you are settled.  

You can drive on your overseas licence for 3 months from the date of your arrival, so you can leave this until you are more settled.   Heaps of info about how to do this on the Department of Transport webpage www.transport.gov.wa.au

• Like 1

On 10/04/2019 at 14:06, Slawka said:

After few years we finally heading to Perth 🙂

House is sold, fly tickets booked, temporary accommodation booked, shipping company booked.

Crazy time 🙃 our last few weeks in the UK are very intense, very emotional, however we look ahead and can't wait to settle.

I've tried to organise school but unfortunately I need proof of address in catchment area. Renting house remotely is not easy as well so it looks like we will be very busy after arrival.

🤗😎

Ah excited for you!! We are hoping for the big move next year, what suburb are you going to? Good luck with everything

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:43, yasmin1991 said:

Ah excited for you!! We are hoping for the big move next year, what suburb are you going to? Good luck with everything

We would like to move to Carine. Hopefully will be able to find house in Carine Primary School catchment area.

Second choice would be Duncraig.

Thank you for good luck wishes 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Awe good luck with the move. For family reasons we have just had to make the move the other way back to the UK. Very sad to leave. Hope you get settled very soon. 

If you are tempted to look slightly further north take a look at the property we were renting. A fab family home and we have lots of happy memories from our time there. 

PM me for details.

• 1 month later...
On 28/04/2019 at 14:49, EmmaF said:

Awe good luck with the move. For family reasons we have just had to make the move the other way back to the UK. Very sad to leave. Hope you get settled very soon. 

If you are tempted to look slightly further north take a look at the property we were renting. A fab family home and we have lots of happy memories from our time there. 

Hi,

Are you planning on coming back to Australia in the near future?