Silly things I discovered

linda@no9

While on a fact finding mission, I found out some interesting things.

Fuel is cheaper on a Wednesday!

Coles and Woolworths are like Asda.

You can't buy alcohol in a supermarket. You have to go to a liquor store.

Most places are free parking, even at the beach!

It's better to take out Medicare insurance. If you don't the government will fine you, to the value of the medicare insurance each year!

Every thing is tax deductable.

Mortgage interest rates are about 6. 3%

If you park on the wrong side of the road in the opposite direction (ie facing on comming traffic) you get fined.

The council provide free dog poo bags!

During holidays, if you get caught for a traffic violation, you get double fined. ie 6 points instead of 3!

We also discovered that the Oz keyboard & the UK one is different. the @ symbol is in a different place & there is no £ sign on the keyboard either.

Just a little thing but when you doing an email to someone it can really catch you out - lol.

Typing this on my UK lappy & had to hunt for the @ symbol - lol!

We discovered the monk brewery and Mash Brewery .... hic, hic

I've discovered just this morning that drinking 5 pints of all The Monk has to offer will not bring on the mother of all hangovers. Happy days!

Whilst we're on the subject of The Monk I also discovered it's incredibly easy to spend $200.

On a serious note I still love that water fountains are everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the fact you can pull up at the beach, park and off you go. No hunting for change to feed the meter!! Oh heck the thoughts of Blackpool to the west or Filey to the right!!

I also was told that if you buy loads of extension cables, change this plug to an Oz one and then you can use all your uk appliances until you have time to change them all over!

Hmm , petrol is cheaper on Tuesdays :) and save your shopping vouchers to get the points off every refill :)

Cinemas are cheaper on Tuesdays too :)

Pizzas are cheaper on Tuesday ... it's called Tight Arse Tuesday ... my mouth dropped open the first time I heard that on the radio

Pizzas are cheaper on Tuesday ... it's called Tight Arse Tuesday ... my mouth dropped open the first time I heard that on the radio

I know i still laugh at that , my old boss told me all about it well a similar rendition .. hehe... actually its all quite good we usualy always go to the cinema now on Tues etc ..