Just saying!

Mad Cow

I agree with you Mad Cow. I like the main site, but have to say PP is good as everyone on here is either in Perth or trying to get there so it is brilliant for us wannabees gagging at the bit to get there. I learn something new everyday.

I bet you Mods deserve a medal some days though!!!:biggrin:

Guest Andig

yes hi all, since joining i have a daily read to see whats going on, with all you in Perth and all of us wanting to get there!! it is good for us back in blighty to be able to ask for first hand advice from you all out there. i know that i really appreciate all the comments and threads wether good or bad it certainly gets me thinking i have learnt so much. LOL

thanks to all, keep up the good work :wink:

I haven't been on for a while ..what with dog operations and house building and other things.. I've always liked this site and its great to see it getting busier with friendly people . We are all entitled to our opinions .. we don't need slaying for them .. good luck for those coming , going or just here for a natter !

I love coming on PP because of the friendliness and how people can give all sides to living in Perth (good and bad) and it gets discussed in a sensible, grown up manner - for me, it's certainly a pleasure to moderate because the most I do is get rid of spam.

The other great thing about PP is that it's still small and a little more intimate (PIO was like this when I first joined it - which really shows how long i've been around lol).

What i'd love for PP is if we had someone who could chip in with migration advice - it's been a long time since I got my visa and the rules have changed so many times. So please, if you know things ... don't hold back, we know it's not a professional opinion (unless of course you're an agent), but this is one part of the forum that would probably make us even better.

Thanks to everyone for your contributions xx

I like this place, it has a friendly atmosphere, people seem genuinely interested in providing support and guidance and I think it's a great resource. It does become fairly repetitive though; people asking the same questions without actually searching through the fifteen thousand other posts asking "which area?" That's why I tend to dip in and out and take a break for a month or so.

Some other forums I visit regularly are hard work, threads and newbie's ripped apart and a lot of conflict. There are surprisingly few trolls on here.

• 6 months later...
I like this place, it has a friendly atmosphere, people seem genuinely interested in providing support and guidance and I think it's a great resource. It does become fairly repetitive though; people asking the same questions without actually searching through the fifteen thousand other posts asking "which area?" That's why I tend to dip in and out and take a break for a month or so.

Some other forums I visit regularly are hard work, threads and newbie's ripped apart and a lot of conflict. There are surprisingly few trolls on here.

I have only been on PP a few months but find it really friendly and helpful and the mods do a great job in making people feel welcome by answering posts when no-one else has, so thank you! I agree Porty, on another site that I visit I often see people slated and their threads hijacked, it's not pretty or very encouraging to get involved in, glad PP is different!