Just arrived in Baldivis

Guest Tenacious Tracey

Guest Tenacious Tracey

Hi all. We got here on Tuesday so the shock and jet lag are starting to fade. Everyone has been lovely and can't do enough for us. We have a rental in Baldivis and our new neighbours cooked our supper on our first night even though we were like Zombies. Wonderful people. My husbadn is on a 457 and starts work in a couple of weeks. We have both just turned 50 and have no kids with us. If anyone fancies hooking up with us for drink or two please PM us. We like to think we are very sociable. I should warn though that Duncan [ LugubriousDuncan on this forum ] is a fanatical Hull City fan...

Back in the UK I was a non teaching Head of Year at York High school. This is a relatively new role in Education but basically I was responsible for a Year group from Year 7 through to year 11. I am looking for something similar out here but in the meantime, if anyone is looking for anything along the domestic help front then I'm your lady, as my boys would say almost OCD with my cleaning and ironing, also cooking. I am even CRB checked! Again just PM if you know of anything suitable. Cheers

Guest guest9824
Hi all. We got here on Tuesday so the shock and jet lag are starting to fade. Everyone has been lovely and can't do enough for us. We have a rental in Baldivis and our new neighbours cooked our supper on our first night even though we were like Zombies. Wonderful people. My husbadn is on a 457 and starts work in a couple of weeks. We have both just turned 50 and have no kids with us. If anyone fancies hooking up with us for drink or two please PM us. We like to think we are very sociable. I should warn though that Duncan [ LugubriousDuncan on this forum ] is a fanatical Hull City fan...

Back in the UK I was a non teaching Head of Year at York High school. This is a relatively new role in Education but basically I was responsible for a Year group from Year 7 through to year 11. I am looking for something similar out here but in the meantime, if anyone is looking for anything along the domestic help front then I'm your lady, as my boys would say almost OCD with my cleaning and ironing, also cooking. I am even CRB checked! Again just PM if you know of anything suitable. Cheers

Hi TT and welcome to Perth, sounds great already for you both, think we could all do with neighbours like yours!!!!:cute: very hospitable. Good luck in finding work for yourself and to your husband with his new job! As a fellow OCD'r I can relate to all that you say, there are worse things to be in my book though! There are lots of people living in the Baldivis area so Im sure you will have no problem finding a social circle. Just wanted to say welcome and enjoy!

pea

Hi Tracey....Glad to hear that your new neighbours made you welcome straight away, but sorry to hear your husband supports Hull :wink:. My wife Debbie and I, are also coming over on a 457, in a couple of weeks, and we are also in our 50's, and for my sins, I am an avid Saints supporter. We'd be interested in your first few weeks experience, so please keep us updated on here, as for your 'OCD', ha! meet Deb, my wife :biggrin:

Hi Tracey,

We arrive Sept 21st and are also going to settle in Baldivis, I am late 40s and hubby is 50 he is over there working and we are following shortly. I will PM you when we arrive and get kids settled into schools as it will be nice to meet a few people and help us feel settled.

Hi Tracey....Glad to hear that your new neighbours made you welcome straight away, but sorry to hear your husband supports Hull :wink:. My wife Debbie and I, are also coming over on a 457, in a couple of weeks, and we are also in our 50's, and for my sins, I am an avid Saints supporter. We'd be interested in your first few weeks experience, so please keep us updated on here, as for your 'OCD', ha! meet Deb, my wife :biggrin:

I watched as a little boy in 1976 bobby stokes scored the fa cup winning goal, sadly it's been all downhill since then and I don't tell people I'm from southampton

We would also be up for bbq - coming over 21 September at the moment have no house and no bbq, but hopefully that will change b4 we arrive. Looking at renting new house in Baldivis, just heaps of paperwork to complete! Seems more difficult getting a rental than buying a house over there.

21st could be possible. The easiest thing would be too meet at the BBQs in Steel Tree park at a certain time. Then it's just who ever turns up on the day, with everyone bringing their own stuff. No need to worry about who going to host it, RSVPs, counting numbers or worrying about people pulling out.

there is my contribution to organising it :biggrin:

21st could be possible. The easiest thing would be too meet at the BBQs in Steel Tree park at a certain time. Then it's just who ever turns up on the day, with everyone bringing their own stuff. No need to worry about who going to host it, RSVPs, counting numbers or worrying about people pulling out.

there is my contribution to organising it :biggrin:

Sounds good but the Sunday would be better for us as the missus works on Saturday mornings.

• 2 weeks later...
Judging by the monsoon out there tonight we may have to reconsider a BBQ. As a start shall we just take a few beers on the Sunday after next? Btw - someone nicked our wheelie bin today ....

Wait till they start nicking the streets post boxes that are not built institu that's fun...... You start getting up in the middle of the night at every slight sound. Why buy something when you can nick it :wink: