Best way to keep natures creatures out of our tent!

Loulou

Mortien wont keep the big fellas out.

It is a relief to find out the snake that slithered into your sleeping back is in fact dead ... except for the fact it was killed by the Scorpions that moved in first.

Welcome to camping in Australia !!:biglaugh:

Reminds me of an incident we had a few years ago in the great sandy desert. Was fly camping with a drill crew and one morning, after a few beers the night before, one of the lads wasn’t up for breakfast. We assumed sore head. Anyway, it was getting close to work starting, so we went over to give him a kick. He was laid there, awake and looking pretty unhappy. He explained there was a snake in the bottom of sleeping bag. We sat and wondered what to do and decided the only thing for it was to pop him out like a cork from a bottle. So, with two on each arm we gave a massive quick tug and out he popped. We then thought he was winding us up – or still drunk as there appeared nothing wrong with him giving the bag a kick produced nothing. Then about 30 seconds later out came a fair sized King Brown. I always slept in a swag after that.

It has got a sewn in ground sheet shall just have to keep on to my boys to zip it all up instead of in and out all the time!!

Good luck with that !

I love our Aussie tent with the insect mesh front living area so we can sit in the open without being swarmed with insects.

Where are you planning to camp ?

We have booked Beachlands in Busso for mid November want to do a week in Jan aswell which i guess will need to book soon as its the main holidays! We have the fly sheets on the doorways aswell but hopefully they will spend more time outdoors than in the UK so wont need to be going in and out as much ha ha!!

Hi

Is there a barrier spray or something or can i just use the Mortien spray for houses? I really dont want any extra guests in my sleeping bag!!

Thanks

Lou

Lou ... the best way to deal with it is to stay in a chalet or hotel .. works for me every time xx

Omg this is not helping! Oh trying to convince me camping is an adventure. Prices of rubbish looking chalets are extortionate so its the only reason i am considering it as its cheap!

Camping is great here, no freezing nights unless you want to camp in winter !

Just invest in a decent stretcher queen bed and a good size tent if you haven't already then you'll be fine ;-)y5u6eren.jpg