certifying documents

beandownunder

'Certified copies' have been authorised (or stamped) as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live.

sorry for being thick, but does this mean I can ask a police officer to sign our documents - he's my cousin, does it matter if you are related?

thanks in advance,

J x

not supposed to be related, even by marriage. We got a teacher friend to sign ours.

Is it skills assessment or visa application you need them for?

thanks. it's for visa application, toms boss (accountant) signed for skills assessment but she took forever, think I will be asking her again but well in advance!

cheers,

J x

• 4 weeks later...
i have colour copied them then will be scanning them in, do you think that would do Nikki? I don't want to fail at this hurdle but want it to be in asap!!

J x

We did colour copies and they accepted them. If they won't they'll ask you to provide certified ones rather then just reject your application.

Lou x

'Certified copies' have been authorised (or stamped) as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live.

can anyone clarify if it can be any professional who certifies copies or does it have to be a lawyer?

Thanks,

J x

For copies certified in Australia then there's a finite list of professions, but it's not so clear for the UK. We had most of ours done by a family friend who's a financial advisor. We also had some done by a friend who's a teacher and some by a colleague at work who's a Pharmacist. I guess if they would be accepted on a passport or driving licence application here in the UK then that would be fine, as they're recognised in UK law. None of ours were done by a lawyer and it was never questioned.