Telstra! what a joke!

Loulou

My Internet and Foxtel have been off since 6am and after half hour phone call they tell me they can't send a technician until next Wednesday! !!

Asked to speak to a supervisor told I would receive a call back. ...5 hours later nothing! Just rang again and awaiting another call back.

We are just in process of sorting home loan so had to go to the library to print statements off then get office works to scan and email them arghhh!!

So any newbies don't go with them I won't be when I move! !!

And now I am using all my mobile data. ..

Rant over for now!

We have a Telstra package which was ordered back in November. Despite countless phone calls whilst being put on hold for 60 mins + at a time it is still not up and running (won't bore you with the details). I have even had numerous visits to the store in Ocean Keys and are now on first name terms with the staff; fingers crossed it will be sorted soon. Believe me you couldn't make it up!!

Edited by ROB T

Son has telstra, and it is forever losing the internet, when he has a problem they never seem to sort it even though they say they have.

which other 5 companies did they give you ?

Hi!

They said, in no particular order:

Dodo

iinet

Westnet ( though I think they're part of iinet)

TPG

And finally if all else fails Telstra

We have decided to go with iinet as they don't force you to sign up to a 24 mth contract, you can go month to month. Also we're not going to have a landline.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditched Helstra years ago. After Dad died and Mum went into Aged Care, we were clearing out the house and selling it. Contacted Helstra to terminate the phone contract but they wouldn't talk to me as I wasn't the registered user. Explained about Dad passing and that I had Power of Attourney to deal with stuff for Mum - they requested certified copies of Death Cert and P of A.... faxed that off but they still wouldn't talk to me. So went into the Helstra shop to sort it out - 5 hours later came out because although they would listen to me, they couldn't deal with the situation because I wasn't the registered owner. Flashed the death cert and P of A around yet again but it was just one of those flippin "Jobs Worth" situation. Over the next 2 months, I phoned them, visited them, wrote to them, went to the Telecom Ombudsman..... all to no avail. By this time the house was sold and the new owners couldn't get the phone in their name because.... yep you got it! In total desparation I phoned Helstra pretending to be my deceased Dad (deep gravelly voice impersonation) and told them I had sold the house and to cease the phone connection. They did it then and there!!!!! I rang iinet straight away and changed my own home phone and internet connection - my bill is almost half what it was with Helstra and on the two occasions I have had issues with the internet, iinet have answered the phone straight away and dealt with the issue. The big plus is that they are a Perth based business too....

At least Telstra had the decency to tell me upfront they could not get me internet due to shortage of ports, IINet told me they could get a port after I specifically told them that Telstra told me they couldn't get me a port, three months later and a lot of frustration, IINet cancelled the contract and gave me all my money back, only after listening to the initial recorded call between me and the salesman on the other end.

Another problem, Telstra are the only provider in more remote rural areas, I was with Vodafone for the first few months and had to do some traveling, what a joke with Vodafone, switched to Telstra and had no problems

At least Telstra had the decency to tell me upfront they could not get me internet due to shortage of ports, IINet told me they could get a port after I specifically told them that Telstra told me they couldn't get me a port, three months later and a lot of frustration, IINet cancelled the contract and gave me all my money back, only after listening to the initial recorded call between me and the salesman on the other end.

Another problem, Telstra are the only provider in more remote rural areas, I was with Vodafone for the first few months and had to do some traveling, what a joke with Vodafone, switched to Telstra and had no problems

Sorry to hear you had that issue with iinet.... have never heard anything bad about them before...

And yes Telstra are the only providers of good coverage out of the metro area of every city, so if you travel and want coverage, you have to use Telstra. Having said that, my son lives in mid Queensland and it is hit and miss if he can use his mobile through Telstra.... he often has to jog up the hill when he wants to phone ... sms can take days to get through to him too.... but we do have landline contact at least. guess that is probably through Telstra too....