British gourmet items

tfranksmith

:laugh: Welcome to PP.

Please, no offence but that has to be the second most random first post ever.

It's almost as random as this one;

http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/household/4919-types-scaffold.html#post23372

In answer to your questions I'd contact either Princi's or D'Orsogna. Failing that, have a chat with your local butcher, they may be able to advise.

:laugh: Welcome to PP.

Please, no offence but that has to be the second most random first post ever.

It's almost as random as this one;

http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/household/4919-types-scaffold.html#post23372

In answer to your questions I'd contact either Princi's or D'Orsogna. Failing that, have a chat with your local butcher, they may be able to advise.

No offence taken. Have tried no success so far. Celebrating my 40th year in WA this year so no visa problems. I have dual citizenship but I do get nostalgic for foods of my childhood occasionally. It would also be nice if the UK pension I paid for was indexed as it would be if I lived in Finland or Bulgaria but not Australia.

No offence taken. Have tried no success so far. Celebrating my 40th year in WA this year so no visa problems. I have dual citizenship but I do get nostalgic for foods of my childhood occasionally. It would also be nice if the UK pension I paid for was indexed as it would be if I lived in Finland or Bulgaria but not Australia.

Thank god you're not on a 457, you'd be in for a right kick-in!

Whereabouts in Perth are you? Someone may know of a butcher not too far from you who can help. Princi's are in Beaconsfield and D'Orsogna are on the corner of Leach Highway and Stock Road. The wholesalers European Foods in Northbridge might have something or be able to point you in the direction of a suppliers but if you're only looking for a small amount then I can't imagine there's much call for it so it's back to DIY.

If you are a British Pensioner seriously concerned about your pension rights from UK and the freezing of the pension paid to us in Australia, then have a look at this organisation and join and make your voice heard as so many of us are. http://www.britishpensions.org.au/

Who knows your voice could be the one that makes the difference.

Que!....a 457 is not 'Emigrating' it is only a working visa, surely!

Dave you are right, but the operative word is "Temporary"...... 457 is a Temporary Working Visa. 457 is not a given right to PR status, but sometimes it can happen... just wish people wouldn't assume because they have a "Temporary" visa to live and work in Australia that they are here for keeps!

Guest guest9824
Does anyone know a source of pork dripping other than rendering it oneself?

Are you trying to source this to make your own suet pastry? Just a thought. You can get rendered beef dripping for suet pastry, but I don't like it as much as Atora suet, which is obviously a manufactured suet but nevertheless good, you can't buy the beef one here only the veg one is available and it's a poor substitute. There are some butchers who do offer rendered dripping depends where you are how far you wish to travel.