Perth Resturants

Druid

We need a post on Perth Resturants, so we all know where to go, where not to go, what's expensive & what's good value for money

So get to get the ball rolling we went to Santa Fe in Subiaco last saturday, the food was excellent, the service was a bit slow due to the fact that they were seriously busy, the bill wasn't bad either, considering we downed two jugs of frozen margarita, so I rate them:- 1 = bad food, poor service, seriously expensive - 10 = excellent food, excellent service, seriously good value for money

Food 8/10

Service 6/10

Value 5/10

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie's Italian.

Have only been for lunch so can't comment in dinner. Didn't have to wait that long, enough time to have a glass of bubbles. Food was excellent although couldn't have my first choice of main as they hadn't had their meat delivery. Excellent service and a good price, even though we didn't really hold back.

Food 8/10

Service 9/10

Value 8/10

Jamie's Italian.

Have only been for lunch so can't comment in dinner. Didn't have to wait that long, enough time to have a glass of bubbles. Food was excellent although couldn't have my first choice of main as they hadn't had their meat delivery. Excellent service and a good price, even though we didn't really hold back.

Food 8/10

Service 9/10

Value 8/10

we did Jamie's for lunch once, you're right, it was excellent.

Taylors Art House, Swan Valley

gorgeous little hideaway, serving amazing breakfasts and lunches. All produce is as locally sourced as possible, good value for the hige portions. The coffee sizes are cup, mug or bowl! Only been for breakfast but everything was fantastic. BYO as well which is great for bubbles with brekkie :)

food 10/10

service 9/10 only because you have to go to the counter to order and pay

value 10/10

Grilld burgers, all over!

awesome burgers, love the vegetarian options. Pretty consistent across franchises. Always had friendly quick service. Can order to pick up and get it as take out which we love. Best burgers i have had and so many to choose from, also allow you to mix and match, and substitute.

food 9/10

service 9/10

value 10/10

gorgeous little hideaway, serving amazing breakfasts and lunches. All produce is as locally sourced as possible, good value for the hige portions. The coffee sizes are cup, mug or bowl! Only been for breakfast but everything was fantastic. BYO as well which is great for bubbles with brekkie :)

food 10/10

service 9/10 only because you have to go to the counter to order and pay

value 10/10

I will have to keep that one in mind for the next visit to swan valley.

+1 for Taylors, lovely breakfast.

Top end - Restaurant Amuse

We went for a special occasion and it was fantastic. It's a degustation only menu and the matched wines were incredible. Four of us and the bill came to just under $1k so we'll not be making a habit of it though we would certainly go back.

Mid - Bread in Common

Newish Freo eatery that has a really interesting menu. Large tasting plates to share, unusual wine list, communal dining and open kitchen. One of our regular haunts.

Mid - Greenhouse

One of those places we just keep going back to. Great pizza's, interesting cocktails, just really good food and cool decor (though don't sit outside in winter because the metal seating is uncomfortable at the best of times and just plain awful when it's cold.)

Mid - Raw Kitchen

The sort of food you think will taste like sawdust and make you poo breezblocks but in fact is totally awesome. I could live on their bread and warm olives.

Cheap - Run Amuk hotdogs

I have to mention this because some friends of ours own it but despite that, we'd still be regulars. Gourmet hotdogs in Freo. BYO (you'd be amazed at how well a hotdog goes with a bottle of Prosecco)

Cheap - Little Creatures

Noisy but great at the weekend for kids solely because balloon man is there! Nice pizzas and sharing plates and the best IPA ever :cool:

Cheap - Ipho

Amazing Vietnamese. Place a firecracker in your mouth and wait for it to go off. Taste explosion - hot, sweet, sour, fragrant and masses of umami, love it!

Cheap - Mother India

Don't let the exterior put you off, this is amazing Indian food. The chocolate covered peshwari naan is a bit weird but man-up and go for a vindaloo. It's BYO so settle in for a slow cruise through some lovely food, place a toilet roll in the fridge for the morning and bring on the sweat.

Bollywood Indian Resturant Innaloo, has to be the biggest busiest Indian I have ever been to, and you always know the food is good when it's full of Indians munching on curry, food was good, service was excellent & the price was very reasonable.

Food 9/10

Service 10/10

Value 8/10

Another totally unexpected delight in Perth CBD, is a little ordinary looking cafe called the Corner Cafe on a Hay Street, it's actually an oriental/Chinese, the food is fantastic, cooked to order and fresh as fresh can be, and as Porty put it, a taste explosion, and all at take away prices, it really is fantastic, don't be put off by the dreary looks & decor.

Food 10/10

Service 10/10

Value 10/10

Another totally unexpected delight in Perth CBD, is a little ordinary looking cafe called the Corner Cafe on a Hay Street, it's actually an oriental/Chinese, the food is fantastic, cooked to order and fresh as fresh can be, and as Porty put it, a taste explosion, and all at take away prices, it really is fantastic, don't be put off by the dreary looks & decor.

Food 10/10

Service 10/10

Value 10/10

That's good to know, I always find it hard to locate a good cheap luncheon in Perth. Everyone seems to rave about the duck house in Northbridge but I just don't rate it.

That's good to know, I always find it hard to locate a good cheap luncheon in Perth. Everyone seems to rave about the duck house in Northbridge but I just don't rate it.

Another one is 43 Below, corner of Hay & Barack st, like it says, it's below, downstairs, they do some bloody good food & a pint of just about anything you want, I am particularly partial to there Nachos

Amuse

As Porty says it is expensive but some amazing food and our fav.

Next down would be Nobu. Again expensive, but great quality and really interesting flavours - the man is of Peru and Japanese origin so the food is a fusion of that.

Millbrook winery in Jarradale is great. An amazing location and the best steak with truffle mash I have ever had. They also do picnic hampers in the summer.

A special mention to the little Japanese in Mandurah. Barely a restaurant and nothing special to look at, but some great food.

Margaret River has some of our favorites. The best of which are Vasse Felix, Cullen and Knee Deep.