TRBWA processing time

I have put in my TRBWA registration documents and am awaiting my registration. Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes. I know it says up to 10 weeks but was just wondering what people's experience of this is, does it really take 10 weeks? Am on tenderhooks waiting for it to come through!! Thanks xxx

Hard to say but I think you will find that it depends on how many applications they have at the same time, and how complex each application is. Some people seem to hear within a few weeks, and others take longer than the 10 weeks. Hope yours is one of the former!

• Like 1

Ok update in case anyone needs to know!! I am on the register!! No letter or anything yet but I checked randomly tonight and I'm on there!! It's taken 7 weeks but they requested additional info which took me 4 weeks in total to get to them so I guess 3 weeks!! Soooooo relieved!! Xx

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

they requested confirmation of my degree length and also they needed further info on the modules in my pgce as they felt my transcript wasn't detailed enough. They contacted me only a few days after my application was submitted so they were very quick to look at it before asking for that.

hth

Lou x

11 hours ago, Budgie said:

they requested confirmation of my degree length and also they needed further info on the modules in my pgce

Thanks for the reply!

What additional information did you provide?

My partner has been asked to provide evidence of duration of course; and STP evidence. Odd that certificates and transcripts from major UK university are not enough?

To confirm, is a PGCE plus Postgraduate in Education adequate qualifications for TRB WA (4 years equivalent)? I can't seem to find any clear guidance on this part. :(

55 minutes ago, dmuk said:

Thanks for the reply!

What additional information did you provide?

My partner has been asked to provide evidence of duration of course; and STP evidence. Odd that certificates and transcripts from major UK university are not enough?

To confirm, is a PGCE plus Postgraduate in Education adequate qualifications for TRB WA (4 years equivalent)? I can't seem to find any clear guidance on this part. :(

Yes if he/she has a PGCE it should be fine, as I said, once I'd provided my additional info it was all fine and very quick.  I know they don't accept GTP but so long as you've got at least  a 3 year relevant degree plus your PGCE from an accredited Uni, I don't see why you would have any problems. I had to give them a letter from my uni stating the length of my degree course and some more detail on the modules I studied for my PGCE.  I studied 20 years ago and neither of my courses are offered any more so was a bit worried when they asked for this but was still able to get hold of this info.  Good luck I know how stressful it is waiting!! XX

• 1 month later...

So TRBWA application confirmed. Nicely followed by an invoice for membership fees!

To those looking to apply with TRBWA - make sure you ask your university for a letter that confirm your supervised teaching practice hours.

Even though your certificate and academic transcript may mention STP, TRBWA want an actual signed letter from the uni confirming the hours.

In terms of certifying documents - follow the TRBWA guidance on their website. They want the original certified copy (ie the one someone has signed for you). You can hand delivery this or send it by mail.

Once they receive your application they will usually respond in the first week if they need anything further.

Good luck to others!

I submitted a total of 147 pages of evidence in the end! I probably didn't plan my submission date well (beginning of December) and had numerous emails for additional evidence (i did a 4yr teaching degree!).

I too panicked a bit about getting info as I qualified in 2000 and my course and uni aren't there any more! In the end I passed the email details of my contact from TRBWA to the 'new' uni who had all my files and they dealt direct but copied me into emails. 

My registration was granted mid February so mine took over the 10 weeks(but there was a holiday in that time).

Now it's trying to get a teaching post is the next hurdle and has been since my registration was granted)