Christmas Day lunch.

verystormy

Well, the turkey is bought. Having a Rolly Polly (breed) free range. Stuffing made and in the freezer - I make a sausage meat one in advance. Special gravy made and in the freezer which I will add to the turkey juices. Red cabbage made - cooked in cider with spice and apples. Will make sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts, roast spuds, glazed carrots and pigs in blankets. 

What are you making?

To start We're having Cauliflower and pear soup with blue cheese.

Ham marinaded overnight in red wine and herbs, Turkey with homemade stuffing (made with sausage meat, celery, apples and herbs.  Roast Potatoes (cooked in duck fat), prosciutto wrapped carrots, a sprout salad,  followed by a summer fruit gratin.

For the first time for a very long time, I am not cooking Christmas Dinner... but my Son In Law who is a Jamie Oliver clone, is in charge!

My son who lives in Queensland cannot get here as he is working over Christmas.... so my SIL decided he would be the Chef de Christmas!!!!    This guy is so good in the kitchen and I am happy that he is taking over from me for Christmas dinner.  Guessing I might be chief bottle washer though!!!!

SIL has Turkey and vegies organised, but I have been requested to provide my stuffing balls as apparently they are the best!!!

• Like 1

Sounds like you will have a relaxing one Rossy. 

Mine shouldn't too stressful as I will get most of it done Christmas Eve. Then we tend to spread out the eating during the day - starter about 2pm, main about 3:30 and puds about 6pm. 

My wife will complain again about the size of the turkey - bought a 6kg one. 

After many years slaving over a roast dinner I'm making chicken and cranberry sauce batches to take to the beach!

First one here and no family has made us want to do something completely different. For dinner were having cold chicken and stuffing with potato salad and salad. I have made a frozen Xmas pudding dessert though so I have put some effort in!!

Merry Christmas all, Jen xx

13 hours ago, Jen78 said:

After many years slaving over a roast dinner I'm making chicken and cranberry sauce batches to take to the beach!

First one here and no family has made us want to do something completely different. For dinner were having cold chicken and stuffing with potato salad and salad. I have made a frozen Xmas pudding dessert though so I have put some effort in!!

Merry Christmas all, Jen xx

Enjoy your first Ozzie Christmas Jen and family.