can i secure a lease before getting out there ???

Hi guys,

So as some of you may know we where in WA .... but back in blighty for now. But im just wondering as we have job over there sorted - we know areas where we would like to live - Can or could we secure a rental from over here ? or do i have to actually be in Oz to do this ? 

I feel it would be far easier ..... Anyhow any agents can advise that would be great thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Other than holiday lets, it can be difficult unless a private rental as most agents want you to have viewed the property.  It is worth contacting agents directly as they may have some landlords willing to lease this way.

• Like 1

Since you were here last, so much has changed with the whole economics in WA.   It is a state in financial crisis in some ways as property prices are falling, there are less people looking for work as people are moving out of the state, so there are more rentals readily available at lower costs than would have been the situation when you were here last.   No longer is there a long queue of potential renters turning up to an open house rental, and rental prices are falling.   Personally, even if I was able to lock something in from abroad, I wouldn't, as you can get some really good deals now as so many investors have empty properties. 

Perhaps book a holiday rental/AirBnB for a month and take it from there.   Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

You will be fiiiinnne. As said, crisis, so easy to get property. You can make a better decision while you are here and seeing properties. Let me know if you need any help. Happy to pick you up from the airport and/or drop you off at the car rental company or something like that

• Like 3

hey your very kind @FOL 😁 ..... ive been looking at real estate website and cannot believe what we can get now for the money we where paying back then ! But we are going to go cheaper this time around and not spend all on rent.

Also currently looking at A level options for our son , But yep holiday rental the way to go from the start. Location wise - Beldon to quinnsrock where thinking