Are Spiders as big as they say?

Philly

Hi ive just come back from holiday (hope to be over permanantly later this year mind getting back to 6" of snow i did think shall i get on the next plane back lol Ive been over 6 times now and only ever seen 1 dangerous spider the redback not even seen a huntsman mind i don t go looking for them ive played loads of golf there to and not seen a snake either but know they there because family have seen them so just be careful I think the last person to die from a redback bite was back in the 60s theres another poisonous spider to watch out for the white tip but think these are less common than the redback

Cheers Gary

Guest guest9824

Huntsmen are that big they don't make webs...they come out and hunt at night! Mwahahahahaha.....we had two in the house, they keep the bugs down, one was the size of my hand! Harmless though unless you happen to come across one in the middle of the night, and nearly have a heart attack at the sight of one! :biggrin:

Sorry all, just a bit of Photoshop trickery, it's not really that size.

Besides, it's the snakes you really wanna worry about. And the Jellyfish. And Stone Fish. And the Blue Ringed Octopus. And the Sharks. And the Sting Rays.

In all seriousness, I remember reading that nationally there are more deaths caused by camels and roo's each year than all of those ^ put together.

Guest guest9824
Sorry all, just a bit of Photoshop trickery, it's not really that size.

Besides, it's the snakes you really wanna worry about. And the Jellyfish. And Stone Fish. And the Blue Ringed Octopus. And the Sharks. And the Sting Rays.

In all seriousness, I remember reading that nationally there are more deaths caused by camels and roo's each year than all of those ^ put together.

Yikes.....I didnt know that Camels were on the 'Australia's most deadliest' list! Have to watch them camels creeping up on ya!.....:biggrin:

Yikes.....I didnt know that Camels were on the 'Australia's most deadliest' list! Have to watch them camels creeping up on ya!.....:biggrin:

Oh yeah, lethal buggers Camels are. They're just so nasty and violent. I think it has something to do with them having the hump.

I'll get my coat.

Guest guest9824
Oh yeah, lethal buggers Camels are. They're just so nasty and violent. I think it has something to do with them having the hump.

I'll get my coat.

hehehe.....get mine too while you're at it!.....:wink:

Guest ged1967
Just a silly question, was just wondering, as in my work I come across a lot of spiders here in the UK, just trying to prepare myself incase I have to wrestle with any of them, lol.

google and you will find a "spider chart" with life size images. Think i found it on a piece of perth website but cant remember. I'm forever on net looking at stuff!

We stayed in the Perth Hills when we arrived for 4 weeks and the first huntsman we saw arrived on my 9 year old daughters ceiling when she woke up and was about 4 inches diameter leg tip to leg tip. The next one that appeared in the ute at night while driving was more like 6 inches. Harmless but do make you jump !

Since we moved to a new estate here we have only seen a redback in the gas meter box (dealt with by a can of Mortien!) and another smaller one that dropped onto my back at the Serpentine falls park.

The white tails in the house are ones to watch though and are normal small house spider size..............just get your house sprayed every 6 months !